Normality from June 21st

What are people expecting come 21st June out of interest?

Full stadiums?
No masks or distancing?

I can’t see full normality by then personally but interested to gather thoughts of others as it’s all a bit unclear IMO.

Tbf mate festivals are going ahead in July, so they must be expecting all restrictions to go. Fwiw, I still believe you will see a full capacity for the Euro final

If data is saying cases don’t end up in hospital then why wait?
Between 13th Aug and 15th Sep last year there was fewer than 1000 patients in hospital each day, that was without the vaccine. It took 4 months from the peak in April to reach that. This year we should be under 1000 by May at the latest.

‘No limits on social contact’ should mean full stadiums and no masks or distancing but we all know restrictions are here till the middle of next year.
Not sure about that, it's pretty plain text about no restrictions on social contact. Maybe some business' are worried about any ramification of inadvertently becoming super spread events and would like to see something about that...who knows, but no limits on social contact seems cut and dry to me.

Tbf mate festivals are going ahead in July, so they must be expecting all restrictions to go. Fwiw, I still believe you will see a full capacity for the Euro final
I know for a fact that the FA are currently preparing for full capacity at the Euros as soon as the restrictions go. It's going to be odd having 10k there one day and 90k the next like. :lol:

Some bizarre posts on this thread, again. No government wants to see these restrictions and they'll go as soon as possible. Settle yourselves down man.

I know for a fact that the FA are currently preparing for full capacity at the Euros as soon as the restrictions go. It's going to be odd having 10k there one day and 90k the next like. :lol:

Some bizarre posts on this thread, again. No government wants to see these restrictions and they'll go as soon as possible. Settle yourselves down man.
Exactly, what good is it doing them having all these restrictions? And they are not going to want to pay furlough for a minute longer than they have to. I don't get why people think the government want this to carry on indefinitely.

More than happy for us to have a cautious road out of this and put it to bed once and for all. No chance this government want restrictions any longer than they have planned.

By their timetable we should, but the extension of furlough worries me. As well as comments by ministers.

Surely the furlough extension is mainly in support of the travel industry? It’ll need time to get back on its feet so it’s absolutely the right call, your pessimism isn’t following much logic for me.

EDIT - I’ve just just realised you’re one of the anti-vax groovy gang, kindly ignore my post.

Last edited:
Surely the furlough extension is mainly in support of the travel industry? It’ll need time to get back on its feet so it’s absolutely the right call, your pessimism isn’t following much logic for me.

EDIT - I’ve just just realised you’re one of the anti-vax groovy gang, kindly ignore my post.
I’m not an anti-Vaxxer. Being an anti-Vaxxer and being someone cynical about it making a difference in terms of restrictions getting lifted are two totally different things. I hope you are right on furlough.

Back