Noom?

• Thread starter Deleted member 43869
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 43869

What's the crack then? Anybody have any experience of it. I'm curious because it's getting advertised like mad on all my pages.

I don't know much/anything about it but I would be very surprised if it's anything other than another shiny new way to dress up getting you into a caloric deficit in order to lose fat.

the adverts do my head in, their pricing comparisons are stupid "for only 15 starbucks per month" or, instread of saving up for 3 months for a new pair of shoes you could have a better life with noom... £40/month... jesus

the adverts do my head in, their pricing comparisons are stupid "for only 15 starbucks per month" or, instread of saving up for 3 months for a new pair of shoes you could have a better life with noom... £40/month... jesus

The latest trend seems to be around psychological approaches to weight loss. To me it seems like the new marketing approach is telling people that they can eat what they want and lose weight. Like the other poster mentions with calorific deficit being repackaged I wonder what noom actually advise in practise...

People are lazy, and would rather pay £40 a month to have someone tell them what to eat than invest a week of proper meal planning, weighing food and calculating their own deficits to find out themselves
People outsource loads of things though so no surprise. With the amount of overweight people across the country the NHS should operate in this arena.

People are lazy, and would rather pay £40 a month to have someone tell them what to eat than invest a week of proper meal planning, weighing food and calculating their own deficits to find out themselves
Yep. In the long run it would be far more cost effective buying an air fryer, a rice cooker, some tupperware and putting aside a few hours on a Sunday afternoon to prepare all of your meals for the week.

£40 a month is expensive, do they have a contract? Some places these days even if cheap have contracts and I think it is a disgrace!

Had a free (maybe heavily discounted??) go on this last year for a couple of months - as others have said - it is a psychological approach.

I thought it was actually pretty good with some good tips in there which I'm still using (habit bundling, etc) - but I wouldn't pay full whack for it.

Oh and there's not an easy "cancel subscription" button - which is a massive pet hate of mine - you have to message your "coach" and then a bot intercepts the message and does it (tbf it was processed fine)

Had a free (maybe heavily discounted??) go on this last year for a couple of months - as others have said - it is a psychological approach.

I thought it was actually pretty good with some good tips in there which I'm still using (habit bundling, etc) - but I wouldn't pay full whack for it.

Oh and there's not an easy "cancel subscription" button - which is a massive pet hate of mine - you have to message your "coach" and then a bot intercepts the message and does it (tbf it was processed fine)
That is the problem with some of these places these days, getting out can be hard. There is a place online that has a yearly contract and sets a 3rd party debt collection company on you if you cancel a £6.99p payment within a year.

I've started a free 2 week trial this week, seems alright so far. It's all about learning to change your habits and help you to think better when you eat, aswell as giving you tip on what to eat. The food tracker isn't as good as my fitness app. But in essense it's about eating filling food that isn't full of calories, same as all other diets really. I think the normal price is expensive, think it's £88 every 4 months

I've started a free 2 week trial this week, seems alright so far. It's all about learning to change your habits and help you to think better when you eat, aswell as giving you tip on what to eat. The food tracker isn't as good as my fitness app. But in essense it's about eating filling food that isn't full of calories, same as all other diets really. I think the normal price is expensive, think it's £88 every 4 months
Bloody expensive that, I could have gave you calories, protein and fibre goal to save £88 :lol:

Back