Non Sunderland supporters

Man City fans and Sunderland fans have so much in common....Both subjected to a media wankathon over their neighbours and both sets of fans the real fans in their local derbies. Love it that City are taking the piss out of Man United now, an average of 28k in league 1 is tremendous and hopefully something we will emulate/beat next season.

fuck me we didn't even get that in the championship.

losing over 10k of our attendance from the premiership to the championship is pretty embarrassing and it'll only get worse next year like

losing over 10k of our attendance from the premiership to the championship is pretty embarrassing and it'll only get worse next year like

I honestly can't see us losing very many fans moving from Championship to L1 at least compared to the PL.

Besides, the oversized SoL always looks half -empty though it occurs to me that most of the away fans next season won't necessarily know that...

I honestly can't see us losing very many fans moving from Championship to L1 at least compared to the PL.

Besides, the oversized SoL always looks half -empty though it occurs to me that most of the away fans next season won't necessarily know that...

no? just anecdotely loads seem to be jacking in their season tickets. most people are bewilderd im renewing

If the owner is gone and we are at the right end of the table there is little doubt that attendances will be over 28k imho...

Man City fans and Sunderland fans have so much in common....Both subjected to a media wankathon over their neighbours and both sets of fans the real fans in their local derbies. Love it that City are taking the piss out of Man United now, an average of 28k in league 1 is tremendous and hopefully something we will emulate/beat next season.

We don't have anything in common

City have had had to put up with their neighbours winning everything over the last 25 years... now they are regularly winning trophies..

Sunderland and Newcastle both win Division 2 titles now and again..

Ok there’s a few of us lurking around here. Me, I go back to the Di Canio days.
Anyway, let’s use this thread to show some TLC for these Sunderland supporters.

I’ll be first: I’m sorry. I’m really sorry and can’t understand how all this has happened to a club with a following like yours.
I get it, bad owners, a sequence of managers with hands tied and some strange choices. Bad players. Really bad players. You can pitch all that in as much as you like but it still sucks for football, for Sunderland as a city, for you all and why not, even for people like me who likes to pop in here occasionally and read some funny commentary.
This is poo.

You’ll be back. That’s for sure.

Next...

You know, as many of us knew, that Sunday, 22nd September, 2013 was THE day that our current situation became just a matter of time.

and if short is still here and we're at the wrong end of the table what do you think the attendance will be?

Probs about 15,000......Never going to happen, we have massive spending power in that division in terms of wages even while we are skint. The difference is insane which is why Vaughan scored 24 in 37 games in a team that finished 19th

Probs about 15,000......Never going to happen, we have massive spending power in that division in terms of wages even while we are skint. The difference is insane which is why Vaughan scored 24 in 37 games in a team that finished 19th

that all sounds familiar. winning week in week out, a chance to clear the dead wood etc

that all sounds familiar. winning week in week out, a chance to clear the dead wood etc

Again the difference between the Championship and league 1 cannot be overstated, its huge......Blackburn, Wigan and Rotherham all relegated last year and 1st 2nd and 4th in that division this year. I would be staggered if we were not battling for the title.

Again the difference between the Championship and league 1 cannot be overstated, its huge......Blackburn, Wigan and Rotherham all relegated last year and 1st 2nd and 4th in that division this year. I would be staggered if we were not battling for the title.

i would be disappointed rather than staggered. and where safc are concerned disappointed is the usual outcome

I feel for you mainly because of the respect I have for Supporters like me who get shit on time and time again and continue to go back for more.
Can’t believe the parallels are mutual clubs follow.
Poor ownership and Chairman, average players and lack of direction.

You will challenge next season as long as you avoid any financial meltdown.
As for us I haven’t got a clue. Brown wants the job and only 40% of current players up for it in his opinion. Good enough for me but sick and tired of being let down.
Glad the season has nearly ended now just to forget about football for some time.
Fuck the World Cup as well.

I feel for you mainly because of the respect I have for Supporters like me who get shit on time and time again and continue to go back for more.
Can’t believe the parallels are mutual clubs follow.
Poor ownership and Chairman, average players and lack of direction.

You will challenge next season as long as you avoid any financial meltdown.
As for us I haven’t got a clue. Brown wants the job and only 40% of current players up for it in his opinion. Good enough for me but sick and tired of being let down.
Glad the season has nearly ended now just to forget about football for some time.
Fuck the World Cup as well.
The world cup is a bag of shite . I can't wait 'till we're cheated out of it again .

Back