Non League Football

Not had chance to post about this yet, but I saw football history being made at FC Deportivo Galicia last week, as Jersey Bulls FC played their first ever match on the mainland.

I offered help to the managers before the match and ended up looking after their executive committee along with a fella from ITV Jersey before the match, reading out the starting line ups on the tannoy and managing the scoreboard, which unfortunately kept me busy. Very busy.

JB scored within 5 minutes and got a penalty after 18 from a stupid challenge in the area, then spent the rest of the first half laying siege to the Depor goal. We were lucky not to go in 5-0 down.

For the first 20 minutes of the second half, depor played quite well, and made some good moves, but let themselves down in the final third either by wasting openings to have a shot or not seeing a good pass to make to a man who was open. Then a player called Carr came on for the bulls and found a way through the depor defence time and time again, ending in three more goals before they got a very soft penalty late on to make it 6.

Final score 6-0.

There was a chap from Guernsey in the bar after - JB have copied the Guernsey model so he came to see what the crack was. “Don’t take it to heart” he said, “they are gonna do that to everyone in this league”.

Billingham Town having a decent start after promotion to the Northern League Div 1 and a 6-0 humbling at home on the opening day.

Good little club, hope they do well.

RCA battled well and looked like hanging on for the win for a long time. Whickham’s Finnigan should have been sent off for an elbow after coming on.
I'm born & bred Ryhope and wanted them to win, do well this season . Knew nothing about Whickham before game and thought they played well. CA had chances to make it 2 nil. Good competive game.

Brilliant 3-0 win for Shields over Ashton Utd under the new floodlights last night.

Speaking of floodlights Shields are away to Morpeth at beginning of September.

Rest now I’m stuck in the middle of nowhere in northwest Scotland with little outlet or connection to the real world news & information.

Dint suppose anyone knars who’s currently top of the National League like??

Back