Celtic Nation v Shildon (0-6)

just a couple of weeks before Celtic Nation went bust

Logon or register to see this image

Tow Law v South Shields (0-3)
9/4/16
Northern League Div 2

Julio and Flanny in conversation

Logon or register to see this image
I was there that day at Celtic Nation. All the big name players had gone and a lot of the kids were playing.
There was a big meeting in the bar afterwards that got quite heated cos the then owners weren't very forthcoming about what was happening.

I was there that day at Celtic Nation. All the big name players had gone and a lot of the kids were playing.
There was a big meeting in the bar afterwards that got quite heated cos the then owners weren't very forthcoming about what was happening.
earlier this season I was sat in the back row of that stand enjoying a pint, ball came flying towards us, twat next to me ducked but threw his arms out at the same time covering me in lager. Fortunately it was a cracking day and I soon dried out

earlier this season I was sat in the back row of that stand enjoying a pint, ball came flying towards us, twat next to me ducked but threw his arms out at the same time covering me in lager. Fortunately it was a cracking day and I soon dried out

Twat ? lol Poor Gavan

Two games 'on this day'.

2016 - Spennymoor in an Evo-Stik play-off against Burscough. It snowed. In April. And it was a chill wind for Burscough, who lost and ended up relegated the following season. Spenny won 3-1, beat Northwich in the final and continued their climb up the leagues. I flew to Moscow the following week to warm up again. More on the blog at Springtime in Spennymoor

2018 - Consett lifted the Durham Challenge Cup with a 4-2 win over Dunston. Steve Wraith's adopted non-league team buried by three goals in the first half-hour, a goalkeeping howler and a red card didn't exactly help them in the second half. Steel, ready meals, and dining out on a Sweet cup triumph

Two games 'on this day'.

2016 - Spennymoor in an Evo-Stik play-off against Burscough. It snowed. In April. And it was a chill wind for Burscough, who lost and ended up relegated the following season. Spenny won 3-1, beat Northwich in the final and continued their climb up the leagues. I flew to Moscow the following week to warm up again. More on the blog at Springtime in Spennymoor

2018 - Consett lifted the Durham Challenge Cup with a 4-2 win over Dunston. Steve Wraith's adopted non-league team buried by three goals in the first half-hour, a goalkeeping howler and a red card didn't exactly help them in the second half. Steel, ready meals, and dining out on a Sweet cup triumph
I was at the Midland League Premier Division game between Highgate United and Long Eaton United on this day in 2016. It snowed there too.

A rare outbreak of new content on the blog. Earlier in the season, one of my mates went to Tooting & Mitcham and painted a portrait of a cautiously optimistic club on the up. In the context of the current problems, it's worth taking a look at what could be lost if clubs don't make it through the summer. Football for the community
And an 'on this day' from 2018 and the delights of Annfield Plain: This is Annfield

Last edited:

Back