Non League Football

I was standing about level with the six yard box on the side when I noticed something going on. Went straight round as the 2 grandaughters 5 & 7 were standing behind the goal which they always do home and away. I tried to take the crutch off him as he was trying to whack this lad over the head. Couldn’t help but sort of laugh when I realised the f#cker had two crutches. When the 2 female hobbie bobbies turned up he was sharp away.

Same happened last season the horrible b*stards trying to rip flags down. Youngen got put on his arse for his troubles then but Saturday was a lot worse.

I was in the uncovered end for the game and you could feel the atmosphere, it just wasn't right. There's a picture that's been taken and they've rolled a flag up that was hanging on the bars.

So tonight was meant to be Sunderland vs Hartlepool United in the Durham Cup. Said game called off and Pools kicked out due to not being able to field a side. Sunderland scheduled game for tonight as their under 23s played on Monday. Hartlepool have a league game on Saturday and youth team played away yesterday, meaning fulfilling a Durham Cup game today was never going to happen. Durham FA have released a statement voicing disappointment etc but saying that County Cup games take priority over league games :lol: . Since the 21st December (including that date), Pools have had 7 league games, which included away games at Yeovil and Dover yet the Durham FA are suggesting their cup game take priority. Anyway Pools kicked out and Sunderland progress.
Pools also couldn't agree a date as Sunderland didn't progress until 2 weeks ago after beating Willington which contradicts Durham FA stating 36 days to agree on a date for the game.

Last edited:
Two corners deep into injury produced two goals which meant Shields were beaten 2-1 at home to Witton Albion. Only Basford in top five won so not too much ground lost.

Two corners deep into injury produced two goals which meant Shields were beaten 2-1 at home to Witton Albion. Only Basford in top five won so not too much ground lost.

Surely it would be ground given, not lost. They're still top, aren't they?

Edit... Not that it matters. Dunno why I'm being so pedantic marra. I knew what you meant, sorry.

Last edited:
Trip to Dunston tonight for League Cup 2nd round tie. Hopefully see a reaction for Shields after two consecutive defeats

Shields still have to be strong favourites. Two games in hand on Basford and 6 points clear of FC United. I reckon you're right about the three who could win it, though.

Have to play FCUM at home and Basford away. Plus 2 derby games against Morpeth. Also Warrington away who Shields have failed to beat 4 times now. Grantham away who have taken 4 points from Shields in the last 2 meetings. Nantwich twice who have hit a bit of form recently.

Still Shields title to lose just hope they can hold their nerve.

Have to play FCUM at home and Basford away. Plus 2 derby games against Morpeth. Also Warrington away who Shields have failed to beat 4 times now. Grantham away who have taken 4 points from Shields in the last 2 meetings. Nantwich twice who have hit a bit of form recently.

Still Shields title to lose just hope they can hold their nerve.
Basford will lose at Gainsborough on Saturday

Back