Non League Football

Mid 2000s. Originally the NPL just took away the points accrued in games against Spenny which put Farsley top, other teams appealed, the FA stepped in and Farsley ended up getting beat in play offs
I've found the rule which basically says if the number of games played is less that 75% then the records and points will be expunged. However Nth Ferriby have played 33/42 which is more than 75% and this allows them to choose another option which would include the Management Committee awarding results. So we will just have to wait for their decision. But if they've set a precedent, then its likely they will do the same again. Shame they didn't go under a few games earlier.

I feel for North Ferriby as no one wants that to happen to any team (apart from the Scum) but it's worked out quite well for Shields
Fully expect Farsley to drop points in the last 7 games and very much doubt they’ll win every game they have left - shields just have to win all games and hope we do it
Wouldn’t be surprised if it comes down to the last game !

Fully expect Farsley to drop points in the last 7 games and very much doubt they’ll win every game they have left - shields just have to win all games and hope we do it
So you expect a team above you’d not to win all there games and you’d pick up more points than them, they are too for a reason, I hope you’d win the league but I would say they are favourites

Shields Run in

Marine A (16th)
Hednesford Town H (13th)
Basford Utd H (8th)
Stafford Rangers A (18th)
Scarboro H (7th)
Gainsboro Trinity A (6th)
Workington A (21st)

Farsley Run in

Stalybridge Celtic H (15th)
Buxton A (5th)
Grantham A (17th)
Hyde Utd H (9th)
Whitby Town A (12th)
Marine H (16th)
Stafford Rangers H (18th)

Farsley have the slightly easier run in IMHO.
If they won away at Buxton, they will go up.
Shields still have it all to do. Its all about bottle now.

Shields Run in

Marine A (16th)
Hednesford Town H (13th)
Basford Utd H (8th)
Stafford Rangers A (18th)
Scarboro H (7th)
Gainsboro Trinity A (6th)
Workington A (21st)

Farsley Run in

Stalybridge Celtic H (15th)
Buxton A (5th)
Grantham A (17th)
Hyde Utd H (9th)
Whitby Town A (12th)
Marine H (16th)
Stafford Rangers H (18th)

Farsley have the slightly easier run in IMHO.
If they won away at Buxton, they will go up.
Shields still have it all to do. Its all about bottle now.
That Stafford game for Farsley will be their most difficult. Stafford have taken four points off Warrington in recent weeks, are fighting for their lives and in good form.

Back