Non League Football

Guiseley vs Dag & Red looks a bit of a cracker. 3-3 after 39 mins

3-4 Dagenham now. 2nd pen of the half, although Guiseley missed the first (scored the rebound)

Last edited:
Darlo beat Spenny? Either Darlo have improved greatly since Shields hammered them, or Spenny have gone right off the boil. Hope its the former if Spenny are to do owt in the play offs

Darlo beat Spenny? Either Darlo have improved greatly since Shields hammered them, or Spenny have gone right off the boil. Hope its the former if Spenny are to do owt in the play offs

Bit of both. Darlo clearly improving.
Spennymoor's season severely disrupted by all the postponements. They've lost momentum.
Should make play offs still but likely to be away in them.

Bit of both. Darlo clearly improving.
Spennymoor's season severely disrupted by all the postponements. They've lost momentum.
Should make play offs still but likely to be away in them.
Definitely looks like Martin Grays been found out. They were lump it forward clueless against Shields. The new management have improved them whilst hes done nowt with York

Been a bit of a season of 2 halfs for Spenny:

First 18 - P18 W10 D4 L4 PTS34
Last 20 - P20 W7 D4 L9 PTS 25

FCUM have basically copied Spenny's 2nd half form over the course of the season - P40 W14 D8 L18 and they are 13th, 7 points off the relegation zone and that's the kind of level they are currently at. They've had a few 3 or 4 goal defeats in that period as well, hence their modest goal difference.

Been a great season overall though whatever happens. First season at this level, I'm sure they'd have snapped your hands off for midtable before the first game, but it has been a slightly disappointing couple of months after the superb start they made. A lot of disruption with transport, weather and an extended run in the FA Trophy hasn't helped, but hopefully they can hang on to 7th place. They probably won't do much in the playoffs, but it will be a fine achievement just by reaching them.

Last edited:
Definitely looks like Martin Grays been found out. They were lump it forward clueless against Shields. The new management have improved them whilst hes done nowt with York

Win their game in hand and they'll only be a point behind York. Bit of a kick in the knackers for Martin Gray if they sneak above them.

26 points from their last 12 games. Looking like the team they were in the first half of last season.

Been a bit of a season of 2 halfs for Spenny:

First 18 - P18 W10 D4 L4 PTS34
Last 20 - P20 W7 D4 L9 PTS 25

FCUM have basically copied Spenny's 2nd half form over the course of the season - P40 W14 D8 L18 and they are 13th, 7 points off the relegation zone and that's the kind of level they are currently at. They've had a few 3 or 4 goal defeats in that period as well, hence their modest goal difference.

Been a great season overall though whatever happens. First season at this level, I'm sure they'd have snapped your hands off for midtable before the first game, but it has been a slightly disappointing couple of months after the superb start they made. A lot of disruption with transport, weather and an extended run in the FA Trophy hasn't helped, but hopefully they can hang on to 7th place. They probably won't do much in the playoffs, but it will be a fine achievement just by reaching them.

Exactly what most spenny fans are saying. Amazing achievement out right getting to playoffs. I thought they were excellent for first 30 minutes but needed to punish darlo and didnt. Understandably tired but i still think they were controlling it but no one can plan for that own goal. Amazing how a goal can change a game. Still in spenny hands somehow

Alan White returned to Darlo from Spennymoor as coach when Gray left. It looks like he's had an influence.

I was at the game, Darlo much the better side tonight and deserved winners.
Defence looked well organised (after first two minutes!!)

I was there and echo this.

Spennymoor look exhausted and ran out of ideas. Defence look like Sunderland’s.

Darlington looked more up for it especially the no 9

turning into a terrible season for morpeth with the budget and squad they have got. out of vase early after saying that was their main target for season, knocked out of lge cup at home to stockton last night, and if they do win the lge it will be more to do with marske having such a bad fixture backlog. maybe time is up for nick gray

I was at the game, Darlo much the better side tonight and deserved winners.
Defence looked well organised (after first two minutes!!)

wouldn't say that like, but they probably deserve the points. was a close game, first half was very entertaining, loads of chances. Spenny had 3 or 4 great chances to go 2-0 up. Darlo looked to have much more energy second half and for that reason could defend better. two evenly matched teams i'd say, but it was Darlo's day

Popped out to watch F.C. Deportivo Galicia lose 3-0 to league leaders Worcester Park on Wednesday. The amount of chances - it could have gone either way.

Looks like I'm doing my first FCDG away match a week tomorrow at Raynes Park Vale.

Back