Non League Football

No it won't you are correct, but they will lose a lot of their South Shields support. It will however 100% effect Sunderland. People seeiously underestimate the amount of match going supporters from South Shields. I went to Ipswich away last month and Caer Urfa branch were the only branch with a bus on other than ALS and main branch.
Agree about Sunderland, absolute shambles. I'm told from folk at the games they are dubious about the official attendance figures, driving back from Shields vs Pools down the a19 it was very quiet which is unusual for a Sunderland home game heading south a19.

And it's the lack of humility that threatens to derail South Shields.

Jon Shaw is now saying that if Hartlepool are the best non- league has to offer then they can win the FA Trophy (as well as the other 3 competitions they're in).

I'm not sure where anyone has said Hartlepool are the best non-league team but in any case you don't win cups by losing at home.

But then Jon Shaw thought he was good enough for Luton....

And why not? Shields are the holders of the Durham Challemge Cup - have to be considered favourites, have beaten teams from a higher level than the EvoStick so must be amongst the favourites for the Integro Cup. Three points behind the leaders with three games in hand in the league - odds on favourites and have beaten last year’s trophy winners. They’re a cracking bet for that at 40/1.

As for Jon Shaw, I detect a tinge of bitterness following his departure from Gateshead where he was going at more than a goal every other game. He was plagued with injuries at Luton which signalled the start of his transition to CB.

And why not? Shields are the holders of the Durham Challemge Cup - have to be considered favourites, have beaten teams from a higher level than the EvoStick so must be amongst the favourites for the Integro Cup. Three points behind the leaders with three games in hand in the league - odds on favourites and have beaten last year’s trophy winners. They’re a cracking bet for that at 40/1.

As for Jon Shaw, I detect a tinge of bitterness following his departure from Gateshead where he was going at more than a goal every other game. He was plagued with injuries at Luton which signalled the start of his transition to CB.
toosb likes to see all north east teams do well you know:lol:

Bitterness from who?

Bitterness from who?

At the time of his departure from Gateshead, Jon Shaw obviously was good enough for Luton. He was going at over a goal every other game for a lesser side in Gateshead. Injuries cost him at Luton and finished him as a striker at that level. The fact that he's reinvented himself as a very accomplished centre-half is great news for Shields.

At the time of his departure from Gateshead, Jon Shaw obviously was good enough for Luton. He was going at over a goal every other game for a lesser side in Gateshead. Injuries cost him at Luton and finished him as a striker at that level. The fact that he's reinvented himself as a very accomplished centre-half is great news for Shields.

But who's bitter about Shaw leaving Gateshead?

Ben Harmison departs Ashington and signs for N Shields.
Ex N Shields manager Jon McDonald takes over at Blyth Town after Bowsa departs. Be interesting to see if there's an exodus of ex-N Shields players. Signed two last week.
N Shields also signed Pell from Morpeth who looked v good on loan recently.

Just back from a SFA South Refion Challenge Cup round 2 tie between tier 6 Lochar Thistle against tier 5 Dalbeattie Star.

Pretty good match but the gulf in class was obvious as Dalbeattie strolled to a 3-1 win without ever having to get out of first gear.

Decent crowd of around 180 as well, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Back