Non League Football

Used to live next door to Davey when I was a bairn, nice bloke and a canny footballer.

FTM
He was good,best midfielder i seen.
If its same lad he went to Brinkburn school

Sorry I meant Shields based Sunderland supporters who follow non league. I didnt mean them all. Like some might watch Ryhope or Seaham, local non league.

Don't know, I never played for Marsden and I had moved on due to my age before they became part of Shields set up
Imposter

He was good,best midfielder i seen.
If its same lad he went to Brinkburn school

Imposter
I was thinking the same about you and your imaginary football career. John Rundle was the chairman. Dick was the secretary who handled our finances at the time and i think he was assisted by his grandson Paul Honeyman, Lived in laygate. Shields played at Jack Clark Park at the time and we had club meetings every Thursday at The Dock pub Tyne Dock.
We funded our strips by selling club lottery tickets and the commission paid for them

Thats him mate, lived next door to him late 70s/early 80s, collingwood Street. He had a couple of daughters about my age.

FTM
That's him served his time at Ferograph
This Daris is an imposter.
Davy was a mag by the way but what a lovely lad

I was thinking the same about you and your imaginary football career. John Rundle was the chairman. Dick was the secretary who handled our finances at the time and i think he was assisted by his grandson Paul Honeyman, Lived in laygate. Shields played at Jack Clark Park at the time and we had club meetings every Thursday at The Dock pub Tyne Dock.
We funded our strips by selling club lottery tickets and the commission paid for them
Sorry you are an imposter

Sorry I meant Shields based Sunderland supporters who follow non league. I didnt mean them all. Like some might watch Ryhope or Seaham, local non league.

Don't know, I never played for Marsden and I had moved on due to my age before they became part of Shields set up
Whey ye knaa it’s best these things are clarified marra ;)

Whey ye knaa it’s best these things are clarified marra ;)
No, you are right. I think a lot of people, when their team aren't playing, look to watch a local game. I used to do it with my mates in the late 70s early 80s when Shields played in the Vaux Wearside league. As did Sunderland reserves and Boldon CA.

No, you are right. I think a lot of people, when their team aren't playing, look to watch a local game. I used to do it with my mates in the late 70s early 80s when Shields played in the Vaux Wearside league. As did Sunderland reserves and Boldon CA.
Ahhh the Vaux Wearside League. I know we have the Internet, social media and “instant info” but the mere mention of that league makes me think nostalgia Ally of the Footy Echo and The Pink. :cry:

Back