Noel Edmonds creates anti-Lloyds Bank radio station

Lloyds are absolute kernts, someone dipped my back account back in September for £600, 10 different withdraws of £60 over the space of 24 hours, took my ages to get the money back off them

Lloyds are absolute kernts, someone dipped my back account back in September for £600, 10 different withdraws of £60 over the space of 24 hours, took my ages to get the money back off them
I had a similar experience with them, I could write pages on it. I binned them for First Direct who are miles better

Anyone hear him on 5L a few days ago? He doesn't seem particularly attached to reality these days. Blathering on about weird spiritual stuff that he believes in.

He's had a failed business, failed theme park, failed career and two failed marriages.

So why, after he failed with his suicide attempt, did he just give up .... nothing's changed, that's just something else he's proved to be useless at.

My advice is to never give up Noel ....

He's had a failed business, failed theme park, failed career and two failed marriages.

So why, after he failed with his suicide attempt, did he just give up .... nothing's changed, that's just something else he's proved to be useless at.

He lives to fight another day. Unlike Michael Lush.

Can't he just ring the banker up for a deal or summat?
So you didn't bother to read the article. He describes their offer as derisory. Which indicates that he did contact them

Lloyds bought the bank that he says scammed him. They probably did scam him because the article you failed to read describes other victims and also explains that 5 directors of the bank went to gaol. Presumablly not on the basis of their probity.

Sounds as though he has a good case and has been treated appallingly badly.

After all this is a UK bank and so will always begin their negotiations by treating their victims with utter contempt on the basis that they are morons who will accept any offer that will buy them a bag of chips.

If he has a good case I hope he wins.

Hang on a sec, why does he need help? He’s saying lloyds we’re responsible for a fraud that cost him a lot of money, the bank say they aren’t. I’d be inclined to go with what’s Noel is saying here given that banks are horrible greedy corporations that suck the life blood out of society yet expect to be bailed out by us whenever they fuck up.

Well done Noel for sticking it to them. The revolution starts here....just never thought it would be led by Mr Blobby.
Absolutely agree. If I shook hands with a UK banker I would count my fingers afterwards. They have proven their dishonesty time and time again.

On a far smaller scale my normal day-to-day basis I bank in Euope because that is my domicile. I have one small UK bank to pay UK local bills. It is a nightmare. They attempt to cheat me with every international transaction and treat me like a pariah because I dare to initiate transactions from abroad.

I have nothing but utter contempt for the pactices of UK banks.

Good luck Noel.

Anyone else get a warning for a libellous post? :lol:
No. But if I am the subject of legal action I will be delighted to defend myself with the documents and phone recordings that prove my case.

UK banks.
I bank with Credit Agricole in France. I came to UK about 10 years ago with my family to attend a wedding. My day-to-day a/c with them was emptied whilst in UK. I phoned CA. They sent 2.000 EUR to a UK bank within 2 hours to see me through. I got the rest back in 2 weeks after I got back.

British banks? No thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you didn't bother to read the article. He describes their offer as derisory. Which indicates that he did contact them
Lloyds bought the bank that he says scammed him. They probably did scam him because the article you failed to read describes other victims and also explains that 5 directors of the bank went to gaol. Presumably not on the basis of their probity.

Sounds as though he has a good case and has been treated appallingly badly.

After all this is a UK bank and so will always begin their negotiations by treating their victims with utter contempt on the basis that they are morons who will accept any offer that will buy them a bag of chips.

If he has a good case I hope he wins.

Absolutely agree. If I shook hands with a UK banker I would count my fingers afterwards. They have proven their dishonesty time and time again.

On a far smaller scale my normal day-to-day basis I bank in Euope because that is my domicile. I have one small UK bank to pay UK local bills. It is a nightmare. They attempt to cheat me with every international transaction and treat me like a pariah because I dare to initiate transactions from abroad.

I have nothing but utter contempt for the pactices of UK banks.

Good luck Noel.

No. But if I am the subject of legal action I will be delighted to defend myself with the documents and phone recordings that prove my case.

UK banks.
I bank with Credit Agricole in France. I came to UK about 10 years ago with my family to attend a wedding. My day-to-day a/c with them was emptied whilst in UK. I phoned CA. They sent 2.000 EUR to a UK bank within 2 hours to see me through. I got the rest back in 2 weeks after I got back.

British banks? No thanks.

Surely you'd need to know the facts to be able to say that with any accuracy.

It's always amusing how, with the 'obviously' wealthy, it's always someone else's fault if they lose money ... Lloyds names, the Madoff caper, Edmonds, etc.

There's a common denominator that runs through these high profile escapades. Those who invest in schemes with the likes of Madoff or his ilk have one outstanding thing in common .... greed. Too much is never enough for these people ... Edmonds owed money he was reluctant to pay back regarding the purchase of a private helicopter.

"Edmonds, 58, will be affected personally because of what the Financial Times described as complex financial arrangements with his bankers.
The business reportedly collapsed because of a dispute involving the ownership of a helicopter."

I run my affairs, pay my bills and honour my debts .... Edmonds thought he could simply walk away and blame everyone else.

As with many such people he's happy when his bankers are helping to avoid paying tax etc, but it's 'just not fair' when they're caught out.

And, yes .... I'd need to know the facts to be able to say that with any accuracy ;)

Last edited:

how long was your career with the Samaritans? :)

Surely you'd need to know the facts to be able to say that with any accuracy.

It's always amusing how, with the 'obviously' wealthy, it's always someone else's fault if they lose money ... Lloyds names, the Madoff caper, Edmonds, etc.

There's a common denominator that runs through these high profile escapades. Those who invest in schemes with the likes of Madoff or his ilk have one outstanding thing in common .... greed. Too much is never enough for these people ... Edmonds owed money he was reluctant to pay back regarding the purchase of a private helicopter.

"Edmonds, 58, will be affected personally because of what the Financial Times described as complex financial arrangements with his bankers.
The business reportedly collapsed because of a dispute involving the ownership of a helicopter."

I run my affairs, pay my bills and honour my debts .... Edmonds thought he could simply walk away and blame everyone else.

As with many such people he's happy when his bankers are helping to avoid paying tax etc, but it's 'just not fair' when they're caught out.

And, yes .... I'd need to know the facts to be able to say that with any accuracy ;)
That was why I was careful to preface my remarks with 'sounds as though".

I don't know the facts in his case. I do know others that sound similar.

I also know the vile, arrogant and often dishonhest banking system. Th

That was why I was careful to preface my remarks with 'sounds as though".

I don't know the facts in his case. I do know others that sound similar.

I also know the vile, arrogant and often dishonhest banking system. Th
The balance of morality is not on the side of the UK banking system.

Knock the sand out of your fanny there mate. It was a play on words joke on Noels game show :lol:
I have no idea what you mean by that. By any of it.

Your contribution ignored quite a bit of the reference article

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea what you mean by that. By any of it.

Your contribution ignored quite a bit of the reference article

Noel's game show "Deal or no Deal" featured a central character called the banker who used to telephone Noel with offers for the contestants. Hence my reference to a deal from the banker.

"Sand in a Fanny" is an irritant. Leading to said Fanny owner being slightly angry and coming across as an arse on forums, especially to people making light hearted jokes.

My request for you to remove the offending sand was a metaphor, asking you to calm down a bit.

Clear it up for you?

Noels great. I heard the other day that he reckons trees can communicate to each other over up to 50 miles, and that glasses of water can talk amongst themselves.
The bloke just says out loud what we are thinking and scared to say.

Noels great. I heard the other day that he reckons trees can communicate to each other over up to 50 miles, and that glasses of water can talk amongst themselves.
The bloke just says out loud what we are thinking and scared to say.

He was ridiculed for promoting a 'magic box' on Breakfast TV, he claimed it slowed down ageing, reduced pain and tackled cancer :rolleyes:

The company that produces the £2500 'magic box' basically said he was talking nonsense.

The company owner just happened to have been a friend of Edmonds for 25 years.

Noel's game show "Deal or no Deal" featured a central character called the banker who used to telephone Noel with offers for the contestants. Hence my reference to a deal from the banker.

"Sand in a Fanny" is an irritant. Leading to said Fanny owner being slightly angry and coming across as an arse on forums, especially to people making light hearted jokes.

My request for you to remove the offending sand was a metaphor, asking you to calm down a bit.

Clear it up for you?
Yes thank you. It's insight into your style is fascinating.

I am not familiar with Deal or no deal. Because I am not . I was and remain unfamiliar with this program. From what you say, you are.

Sand in a Danny sounds an excellent description of you.

Luckily I have no need to calm down because I am neither angry nor irritated.

I do however deserve the tight to express an opinion unreservedly. I prefer to receive informed, intelligent responded rather than yours. Good night.

Back