Noel Clarke to be awarded Outstanding British Contribution BAFTA

Noel Clarke Noel Clarke
Divvent trust him in the dark
In fact don’t go near him in the light
Unless you are fond of a fright

allegedly

Another one who hasn’t read the Guardian piece.

I honestly don't know what people expect. There are many things he has done that are not criminal but are still wrong. Those with the "innocent until proven guilty" mantra, don't seem to grasp the difference. He won't be going to court for some of the things he's done and there won't be evidence beyond the voice of the victim, but that doesn't mean he's innocent and nor should we ignore 20 incidents, particularly when he's abused his power to attempt to manipulate and silence people.

So you just say I haven't read it and it's true. That is frigg territory man. The real problem here is that you could one day sit on a jury.

If you had read it you’d see that the evidence is pretty damning. The guardian even spoke to one of the accuser’s therapists who has confirmed her client has been in years of therapy as a result of what’s happened to her.

Similar evidence was used on court when a friend of mine was raped but didn’t go to the police about it until years later. The lad who did it is currently serving time.

I still fundamentally stand by the principle of innocent until proven guilty and feel that sometimes trial by social media can quickly devolve into witch hunts, especially when it involves sensitive, hot potato topics such as racism, sexism and sexual assault/rape.

But when so many unrelated people are coming forward with accusations and stories you do have to be willing to accept there’s probably a rabbit away and he’s a wrong ‘un.

I still fundamentally stand by the principle of innocent until proven guilty and feel that sometimes trial by social media can quickly devolve into witch hunts, especially when it involves sensitive, hot potato topics such as racism, sexism and sexual assault/rape.

But when so many unrelated people are coming forward with accusations and stories you do have to be willing to accept there’s probably a rabbit away and he’s a wrong ‘un.
Trial by social media as we know, is a daily event, and nothing more than a cowardly and illogical pastime, but I know there will be plenty that would disagree and say it's all part of modern day life.

Back