Noel Clarke to be awarded Outstanding British Contribution BAFTA

I have. It’s still all conjecture and the filming which one person said happened and another said didn’t is the worst of it. Not saying he hasn’t done anything wrong but I f***ing hate what society has become.

You never said it was fine but haven’t condemned it. Double standards.
Because I don't know the first thing about it.
I commented on Noel Clarke because someone called me out on starting a thread praising him. I don't make a habit of trawling the internet for stories of Z List sex pests and have zero interest in Barrowmore.
No double standards from me but you seem to know about both cases and are only condemning one.

You're massively out of touch if you think any of this is remotely acceptable.

The video of the nude audition, isn't just an allegation by the victim, there is a second woman who claims to have seen it and can describe it.

Notice the comments on the allegation by the film producer that said he slapped her arse and sent her unwanted dicck picks - they denied that he slapped her arse (can't be proved) but "can't recall" sending dick pics, which gives him some room to manoeuvre if evidence exists (which the guardian has seen).

How about the woman in the costume department who worked for Clarke who made her stay in the hotel room as he undressed and would tell her that she had a nice body and how he could make her career?

If any of these happened to your daughter in the workplace by one of her bosses would you think its "just a bloke trying to shag her and goes on in every workplace"?
My point is, none of it has been proven. And until it is then he has to be given the benefit of the doubt.

It’s all he said she said but yous have all decided he’s guilty.
Because I don't know the first thing about it.
I commented on Noel Clarke because someone called me out on starting a thread praising him. I don't make a habit of trawling the internet for stories of Z List sex pests and have zero interest in Barrowmore.
No double standards from me but you seem to know about both cases and are only condemning one.
I know nowt TBF, just steamed in as usual. I just think this sort of shite goes on in workplaces up and down the country with nobody condemning people. Condemning “famous” people before they’ve been proven guilty, constantly, is sensationalism.

Last edited:
My point is, none of it has been proven. And until it is then he has to be given the benefit of the doubt.

Sorry like, but your point was "This bloke hits on lasses, sends a few videos etc. and loses his career. He hasn’t raped anyone he’s tried to shag them... Sorry but this goes on in every workplace up and down the country"

You've haven't given him the benefit of the doubt, you've given him a pass on his behaviour because he's "not raped anyone".

There's 20 women out there who have all said it. It's not his word against hers, it's a pattern of behaviour and the benefit of the doubt for "he said, she said" disappears long before the 20th occurance.

You uneducated oaf. ;)
He's been in loads of TV like Auf Wiedersehen Pet and Doctor Who (not that I saw it) but he's probably best known for the Kidulthood trilogy which he wrote as well as starred in. I'd strongly recommend it.

I don't follow many celebrities on Twitter but he always comes across as a decent bloke and gives an interesting insight into the film industry.
😅

I find it hard to believe that not one of them was aware of what was going on.
Reading that guardian article it certainly seems like at least Jason maza (his business partner who was also in bulletproof) knew to a certain degree what Clarke went on like with women. He contacted some of the alleged victims to try and see who had gone to the press and he was quoted as saying ‘we all know what Noel can be like’ or words to the effect.

Sorry like, but your point was "This bloke hits on lasses, sends a few videos etc. and loses his career. He hasn’t raped anyone he’s tried to shag them... Sorry but this goes on in every workplace up and down the country"

You've haven't given him the benefit of the doubt, you've given him a pass on his behaviour because he's "not raped anyone".

There's 20 women out there who have all said it. It's not his word against hers, it's a pattern of behaviour and the benefit of the doubt for "he said, she said" disappears long before the 20th occurance.
Now you’re putting words in my mouth. I haven’t given him a pass. I’ve said you need to reserve judgement until after everything has been thoroughly investigated. The Guardian article is just he said she said, zero proof and who knows what motivations people may have for accusing him.

I’m just saying to reserve judgement until then.

Now you’re putting words in my mouth. I haven’t given him a pass. I’ve said you need to reserve judgement until after everything has been thoroughly investigated. The Guardian article is just he said she said, zero proof and who knows what motivations people may have for accusing him.

I've quoted you word for word. If that wasn't what you meant, then that's fine but it is what you said.

I've quoted you word for word. If that wasn't what you meant, then that's fine but it is what you said.
The second paragraph is your words and putting words in my mouth saying I’ve given him a pass Flash.

I’m not saying what he may have done is ok, what I’m saying is rendering him guilty before the facts are known is irresponsible.

Last edited:

I think the fact that Clarke's recent statement has said 'I will be seeking professional help to educate myself and change for the better' is pretty much an admission of some element of guilt. I understand your point regarding lack of proven guilt and the devastation of cancel culture but in this case, as I say, Clarke is now holding up his hands to some wrong doing.

I know nowt TBF, just steamed in as usual. I just think this sort of shite goes on in workplaces up and down the country with nobody condemning people. Condemning “famous” people before they’ve been proven guilty, constantly, is sensationalism.
He’s sort of decided he’s guilty himself by saying he’s going to get help..help for what??..being a sex pest.

I think the fact that Clarke's recent statement has said 'I will be seeking professional help to educate myself and change for the better' is pretty much an admission of some element of guilt. I understand your point regarding lack of proven guilt and the devastation of cancel culture but in this case, as I say, Clarke is now holding up his hands to some wrong doing.
I agree. But it’s also a result of external pressure.

External pressure??..he’s got 20 complaints against him and he’s admitting he needs help..he knows he’s been rumbled..the ‘help’ is an attempt for forgiveness and to try and salvage his career.
Exactly, a PR exercise which will help whether innocent or guilty.

Doubt he will have ever considered getting ‘help’ if this article hadn’t come out. Just like when a burglar is caught red handed and they’re ‘sorry’.

Back