Noel Clarke to be awarded Outstanding British Contribution BAFTA

Love him and at the Top of the Tree currently but today’s allegations have literally seen his career grind to a halt with his new series pulled by ITV and his BAFTA award suspended.

I find it difficult to understand the destroying of reputations on allegations.

He’s not the first to be found guilty in the court of public opinion within hours.

If allegations are genuine and proven then the system takes its course but I find the situation so unfair when this happens.

Meanwhile, The Prime Minister looks to have survived yet more scandal.

Seems as though “It’s only Boris” becomes a valid defence.

20+ separate allegations man, think about things before leaping to his defense

The Welsh lass on this Viewpoint prog was excellent. I’m sure I’ve seen her in summet but a quick charge through her wiki shows nowt I’d ever watch.

Yeah. I think that's how ITV/Sky have done things. It didn't download immediately for me because I had HIGNFY/Partridge recording on BBC1 and Sky's big new sci-fi thing Intergalactic as well.
Looked on the Hub earlier and it wasnt showing and in place on TV guide it was showing all right on the night or summat similar.
Was expecting to have to sign into the hub for it but when we looked it up it was in the recordings so didnt have to bother.

Bit let down with it too after all that

Yeah. I think that's how ITV/Sky have done things. It didn't download immediately for me because I had HIGNFY/Partridge recording on BBC1 and Sky's big new sci-fi thing Intergalactic as well.
Its screwed on Virgin 😊 Struggling to see what point they are making, aside from pissing people off.

They've done the right thing. There would've been a huge public backlash if there was seen to be no action by broadcasters and BAFTA. They're also not confirming guilt or innocence so can let things play out in the courts. Then make a BAFTA winning drama series about it.

1 or 2 complainants and the perception may have been 'It's his word against theirs.' But 20? He's going to need a lot of Carter-Fluck's time.

Back