No need for a booster then

joemcdokes

Striker
Excellent news seeing as the AstraZeneca vaccine is now 92% effective against the Delta variant with no deaths in those having had the jab.

That’s up from 66% just yesterday for those fully vaccinated.
It’ll be interesting to see how this unfolds come the Autumn, there is currently no case of needing a booster.

Another variant on its way, even more transmissible perhaps?

Very strange how this emerged in the press, after Boris got his MP's to sign off on the extension. And how come there has been such a leap in the efficacy. It's like the reversal of those double glazing salesman that offer it to you at their lowest rate and when you refuse, one phone call to their boss it's suddenly half the price.
Credibility under question immediately

Very strange how this emerged in the press, after Boris got his MP's to sign off on the extension. And how come there has been such a leap in the efficacy. It's like the reversal of those double glazing salesman that offer it to you at their lowest rate and when you refuse, one phone call to their boss it's suddenly half the price.

You should trying working in sales.

Depends on how much you need the sale as to whether or not that call gets made.

They were on about a full Wimbledon for the final this morning, how on earth does that work, although I don’t know if it will happen.

If things just made sense there wouldn’t be so much questioning.
There was a full house for the snooker final, yet it’s only now the rule of 30 has been scrapped for weddings.

It would make a decent comedy sketch show.

They were on about a full Wimbledon for the final this morning, how on earth does that work, although I don’t know if it will happen.

If things just made sense there wouldn’t be so much questioning.
There was a full house for the snooker final, yet it’s only now the rule of 30 has been scrapped for weddings.

It would make a decent comedy sketch show.
Four games at Wembley are now 50% capacity at the drop of a hat. The irony of having an ultra cautious government with the least cautious Prime Minister ever is bewildering.
You couldn't write it.

Nothing to do with credibility and all about the availability of data. We've only had relatively high numbers of delta for 3-4 weeks to be able to reliably observe the link between vaccines, infections and hospitalisations. There is a time lag between infections and (potential) hospitalisation so Public Health England have needed this time and sufficient case numbers to really understand it. It's fantastic news.

Four games at Wembley are now 50% capacity at the drop of a hat. The irony of having an ultra cautious government with the least cautious Prime Minister ever is bewildering.
You couldn't write it.

You could, just yesterday.

Today.

Nothing to do with credibility and all about the availability of data. We've only had relatively high numbers of delta for 3-4 weeks to be able to reliably observe the link between vaccines, infections and hospitalisations. There is a time lag between infections and (potential) hospitalisation so Public Health England have needed this time and sufficient case numbers to really understand it. It's fantastic news.
Funny how the outpouring of good news happens immediately after the announcement. And i literally mean immediately. Your timeline is very open to question. Did they have this info on Sunday. Or Saturday, or even last week. I'm not saying it's good not good news, but it's difficult to not believe the government are suppressing information

Excellent news seeing as the AstraZeneca vaccine is now 92% effective against the Delta variant with no deaths in those having had the jab.

That’s up from 66% just yesterday for those fully vaccinated.
It’ll be interesting to see how this unfolds come the Autumn, there is currently no case of needing a booster.

Another variant on its way, even more transmissible perhaps?

how long does the protection of vaccine last ? T cells may take over ?

It's obviously really good news, but it's still really important to keep cases under control as 8% of a large number is still a large number.

I mean there's been about 4.5m people with COVID in the UK since the start of the pandemic, so it'd equate to 360,000 hospitalisations. Very crude calculation but still

Funny how the outpouring of good news happens immediately after the announcement. And i literally mean immediately. Your timeline is very open to question. Did they have this info on Sunday. Or Saturday, or even last week. I'm not saying it's good not good news, but it's difficult to not believe the government are suppressing information
It's literally the data Whitty went through during the press conference yesterday. Nothing is being suppressed.

Back