No matter how much we stamp our feet...

We are a Premier league club with a mid league 1 team. However the standard of teams in general is low so it’s still possible to get promotion if PP can sort the team out.
Most disheartening is the lack of the basics on the pitch, passing, moving off the ball, getting tight to pressure the other team as well as a collective team spirit and strength. It was there in the first half of the Pompey final but has only been seen in glimpses since. The players don’t appear to sort it themselves on the pitch.

and jump up and down there is nothing that can be done with the squad (i.e. a complete overhaul) until January. If we lost last night to a 90th minute own goal the fallout that we are reading on here will not seem as bad but to lose 3-0 is embarrassing to a very high degree. On a positive note we are out a trophy we dont want to be in but this team is more or less the same team (minus cats, honeyman and oviedo ) that were within touching distance of the championship last season. Our form isnt great but after each defeat now the knives are straight out for SD and co. These players are not performing simple as that, Im not as happy as the next man but the reaction that comes out after each defeat has got to be aimed at the players - which it was last night but all this 'sack the board' shite just give it a rest man ffs.

Yes the team is not performing and that has got to improve - no doubt, but it was mentioned on a recent podcast that SD is the 4th chairman in succession that cant attend the football club that they own due to concerns for their own safety, surely this has got to be a concern for prospective new owners that would want to take over the club? I think most certainly a percentage or our 'so called support' need to just fuck off because this is not support.
Do you feel better when you say we are out of a trophy we don't want to be in. To me a loss is a loss and I hate losing.

and jump up and down there is nothing that can be done with the squad (i.e. a complete overhaul) until January. If we lost last night to a 90th minute own goal the fallout that we are reading on here will not seem as bad but to lose 3-0 is embarrassing to a very high degree. On a positive note we are out a trophy we dont want to be in but this team is more or less the same team (minus cats, honeyman and oviedo ) that were within touching distance of the championship last season. Our form isnt great but after each defeat now the knives are straight out for SD and co. These players are not performing simple as that, Im not as happy as the next man but the reaction that comes out after each defeat has got to be aimed at the players - which it was last night but all this 'sack the board' shite just give it a rest man ffs.

Yes the team is not performing and that has got to improve - no doubt, but it was mentioned on a recent podcast that SD is the 4th chairman in succession that cant attend the football club that they own due to concerns for their own safety, surely this has got to be a concern for prospective new owners that would want to take over the club? I think most certainly a percentage or our 'so called support' need to just fuck off because this is not support.

Have you seriously swallowed that ‘safety’ shite?

There is o threat to Stewart Donald's safety. Also, is that why Ellis Hsort stopped attending? I dont recall reading anything about that?
Niall Quinn? Bob Murray? He was there every week, was he not?

We are a Premier league club with a mid league 1 team. However the standard of teams in general is low so it’s still possible to get promotion if PP can sort the team out.
Most disheartening is the lack of the basics on the pitch, passing, moving off the ball, getting tight to pressure the other team as well as a collective team spirit and strength. It was there in the first half of the Pompey final but has only been seen in glimpses since. The players don’t appear to sort it themselves on the pitch.
We are a 3rd division club with a magnificent stadium and magnificent supporters.

Who were the 4?
Quinn never had a problem.
Murray got abuse but still went to games.
Short attended games when he could but he gave up in his last season.
Cowie was before my time so I can't comment.

Donald is deflecting the blame on to us. He has done a poor job and rather than man up he's using this made up story of fan abuse to go into hiding. There's no proof of it!
There is o threat to Stewart Donald's safety. Also, is that why Ellis Hsort stopped attending? I dont recall reading anything about that?
Niall Quinn? Bob Murray? He was there every week, was he not?
Quinn missed one game due to the ash cloud.
Murray went to games regularly until his last season when took in the odd game.
I never heard Short mention anything about being abused by fans or worrying about his safety.

Last edited:
Who were the 4?
Quinn never had a problem.
Murray got abuse but still went to games.
Short attended games when he could but he gave up in his last season.
Cowie was before my time so I can't comment.

Donald is deflecting the blame on to us. He has done a poor job and rather than man up he's using this made up story of fan abuse to go into hiding. There's no proof of it!

Quinn missed one game due to the ash cloud.
Murray went to games regularly until his last season when took in the odd game.
I never heard Short mention anything about being abused by fans or worrying about his safety.

Exactly. Its nonsense.

Brilliant post mate agree with this 100 per cent ,think though people like us are wasting our time .

Have you got a degree in taking nonsense?

Most sensible person amidst a load of veruca salts.

Its just this Forum has become so tedious with negativity, constant reaction to everything that has / is going wrong is Steward Donalds fault. I am prepared to give him time which is something that (seems to me) 99% of people on here have no intention to do.

Its just this Forum has become so tedious with negativity, constant reaction to everything that has / is going wrong is Steward Donalds fault. I am prepared to give him time which is something that (seems to me) 99% of people on here have no intention to do.
Yes and winding themselves up .These owners will be with us like or not for the next few months or possibly longer ,lets all calm down and see what jan window brings.

Well its not, look back on a previous thread I started, Its a manifestation of 10 years of neglect from Ellis Short
Neglect?!
He sunk more than £100m into the club and gave us the longest top flight run we'll have in my lifetime. He then wrote off his debt rather than see us go under.

Neglect?!
He sunk more than £100m into the club and gave us the longest top flight run we'll have in my lifetime. He then wrote off his debt rather than see us go under.

As I have said previous, in those 10 years he also gave us 32 points less than all other 91 football league clubs, thats the worst points total of any professional league club in the last 10 years whilst putting the club in 140 mill of debt and placing us in league 1 (oh at least he paid his debt off - what good is that to us as supporters?), he gave us a full calendar year without a home league win, worst ever in the history of professional football, he sanctioned the transfer of a 10 mill player that never played for us after his loan, He employed david moyes, he employed De-fanti......oh but he was badly advised on his desicion making! Fuck off man, hes a billionarre (or was) who had absolutely no plan or vision for Sunderland and fucked it up to monumental proportions then turned his back on the whole club for 2 years.The list is as long as your arm how he has put Sunderland into the brink of non existence, Im so sick of talking about him now for gods sake.

Back