No matter how much we stamp our feet...

6inarow

Winger
and jump up and down there is nothing that can be done with the squad (i.e. a complete overhaul) until January. If we lost last night to a 90th minute own goal the fallout that we are reading on here will not seem as bad but to lose 3-0 is embarrassing to a very high degree. On a positive note we are out a trophy we dont want to be in but this team is more or less the same team (minus cats, honeyman and oviedo ) that were within touching distance of the championship last season. Our form isnt great but after each defeat now the knives are straight out for SD and co. These players are not performing simple as that, Im not as happy as the next man but the reaction that comes out after each defeat has got to be aimed at the players - which it was last night but all this 'sack the board' shite just give it a rest man ffs.

Yes the team is not performing and that has got to improve - no doubt, but it was mentioned on a recent podcast that SD is the 4th chairman in succession that cant attend the football club that they own due to concerns for their own safety, surely this has got to be a concern for prospective new owners that would want to take over the club? I think most certainly a percentage or our 'so called support' need to just fuck off because this is not support.

and jump up and down there is nothing that can be done with the squad (i.e. a complete overhaul) until January. If we lost last night to a 90th minute own goal the fallout that we are reading on here will not seem as bad but to lose 3-0 is embarrassing to a very high degree. On a positive note we are out a trophy we dont want to be in but this team is more or less the same team (minus cats, honeyman and oviedo ) that were within touching distance of the championship last season. Our form isnt great but after each defeat now the knives are straight out for SD and co. These players are not performing simple as that, Im not as happy as the next man but the reaction that comes out after each defeat has got to be aimed at the players - which it was last night but all this 'sack the board' shite just give it a rest man ffs.

Yes the team is not performing and that has got to improve - no doubt, but it was mentioned on a recent podcast that SD is the 4th chairman in succession that cant attend the football club that they own due to concerns for their own safety, surely this has got to be a concern for prospective new owners that would want to take over the club? I think most certainly a percentage or our 'so called support' need to just fuck off because this is not support.
I agree about the players but what sort of message is SD sending out by not attending? We are asking players, manager and fans to stick together, whilst he can’t be bothered. We are requiring players to grow some balls and play for the shirt, whilst SD won’t even put his face above the safety of the parapet in the VIP. Does he think fans have clubbed together for a f***ing sniper. Now is the time to show togetherness and that is not just including but should be driven from the top.

We might not be able to bring in new players until January but I don’t agree at all that there’s nothing that can be done with the squad.

We can’t accept this level off effort/performance for another 6 or 7 weeks.

They need pulling into a meeting room this morning, being torn to absolute shreds, then being built back up.

Oh f***ing give over man, you're talking about a couple of incidents in 30 odd years or something, most other clubs will have had similar issues and not gone through what we have. Can't attend the football club for concerns about their safety, what absolute bollocks.

He's not going because it's going pear shaped. Of course you can't just sack the board but what do you expect? They're doing an appalling job of it.

Oh f***ing give over man, you're talking about a couple of incidents in 30 odd years or something, most other clubs will have had similar issues and not gone through what we have. Can't attend the football club for concerns about their safety, what absolute bollocks.
Its a pack of lies just like every podcast they. Utter patter merchants who back up not one thing they come out with

As for the not being able to do anything till January, we know that, so what's new? We've lost and drawn a few cup games but the league is where it's at and we just need to tick over and concentrate on that until we can add to the squad in January. The manager has illustrated in team selection and his comments in the press that he knows strength, pace, energy are needed especially going forward so we can only hope he's backed.

So the last 4 chairman have to grow a pair of balls then? (for what its worth I have no time for Ellis Short so we can take him out the equation)

Might get a stong worded pm from someone he has befriended on twitter though.

No, it doesn't need aiming at the players.

This season is a manifestation of the strategy and work done at board level for the last 18 months. Not an off game for a player that isn't very good.

Well its not, look back on a previous thread I started, Its a manifestation of 10 years of neglect from Ellis Short

Its a pack of lies just like every podcast they. Utter patter merchants who back up not one thing they come out with

I used to listen to them as they got interviews with people at the club and done the odd one with ex players - it made good listening when I was out doing a bit training. The last few have become more opinionated when discussing the team (yet they lack those opinions when interviewing the likes of Methven) and some of the stuff they come out with is garbage - a few weeks ago they were still saying Dylan f***ing McGeouch would be a good midfielder in the Championship ffs.

To say that this is about the players and to defend Donald is weak, servile claptrap. This is PRECISELY about Donald and his abject performance as Sunderland chairman. This is a culmination of the series of woeful decisions made on the football side right from the very start of his tenure as owner. He has employed virtually every person contributing to this shambles. He’s presided over the waste of two years of financial advantage over our rivals. His utter lack of vision and understanding of the game has led us to the point where we need to rebuild to fix the mess that he has created. For us to grief a bunch of lower league plodders for being exactly that is to miss the point so spectacularly. Donald needs either a Damascene conversion to smart, modern football operations or to disappear sharpish. Anything else will see us mired in league one.

So the last 4 chairman have to grow a pair of balls then? (for what its worth I have no time for Ellis Short so we can take him out the equation)

A few hundred chanted at Murray after one game, he sacked Butcher and stood down. He then appointed Reid and come back - what real threat was there?
Short just went missing, but everytime he turned up he fans lapped him up and he was at the final in May.

What's happened to Donald and who else are we talking about, Quinn, Fickling or do you mean Cowie? Cowie deserved a twatting for at least one of the things he said, but never got it.

Absolute nonsense.

Back