No Mans Sky - NEXT Update

Such as what mate? I was thinking of getting this but the reviews have suggested practically every planet is the same apart from they have different sized creatures snd the plants etc. are different colours. What's so good about it? What keeps you wanting to go back for more?

Planets have different environments and resources. There's a variety of different elements to base building like science, farming etc. Vehicles you use on a planets surface. Exo Suit, multi tool, ships to upgrade/ buy. Story is ok not great. At the price it's at at the moment it's fun.

STILL can't retrieve the base I made pre NEXT though! Apparently the 1.5.2 patch for PC fixes this, but I spent hours trying to get my shit back to no avail.

Having put a bit of time into this update I feel better placed to review it.

Additions of new items, ships, things to do has been decent overall. Graphics look a little better and it's generally a better experience. However, multiplayer is let down massively by the inability to construct a shared base beyond that of helping the main owner put bits of base down. Whilst you can trade materials between close proximity friends you can't dump a load of copper, for example, in a storage box as they can't access them. You can't continue building or gathering resources when the base owner is offline.

Little things like that spoil the multiplayer element of the game for me and it's been enough to turn me and others away until it's fixed (hopefully) as the potential is really there with this game.

Overall Next is a decent update but there is still much to improve for me.

Picked this up in the Steam sale, seems people really like this game nowadays, let's see how I get on.

i genuinely loved it for ages. barely played in donkeys now as im proper hooked on warframe now. but i might pick it up again, they seem to keep adding new bits. alot of parallels between the games to be honest and the people behind them. a game that came out too early with very little to do that has expanded beyond anything that seemed possible in the beginning when just sacking it off seemed more likely, and a seriously dedicated team behind doing their best to make a fist of it for their dedicated and loyal fans.

Just picked this up last week, with all the updates it took all afternoon to install :lol:

Only played it for a little bit so any advice on it would be great if anyone still plays it. First planet I started on was boiling, had to keep taking shelter, managed to get off that planet and made it to the 2nd which was toxic, Im on my 3rd planet now and its freezing, are there any normal planets out there? :lol:

Just picked this up last week, with all the updates it took all afternoon to install :lol:

Only played it for a little bit so any advice on it would be great if anyone still plays it. First planet I started on was boiling, had to keep taking shelter, managed to get off that planet and made it to the 2nd which was toxic, Im on my 3rd planet now and its freezing, are there any normal planets out there? :lol:

I spent forever trying to find just the right type of planet to build my base on for the latest expansion. I finally found a nice, earth like world in a good economy solar system, it had green grass, blue ocean, no storms or sentinels, I even managed to find a nice location by a lake which had both a nearby power supply and a nearby mine to farm credits, that hardly ever happens. So I set down a base and waited for the patch.

A few days later the patch was released and I logged in to get started building, sadly they'd tweaked the planet generation and my perfect earth like planet was now a toxic swamp.

There are, keep doing the story and you can get more options (can't say much more because of spoilers) but you can also make scanners for ships/frigates that let you choose what kind of system to warp to which can increase your chances of finding normal planets.

@nelford_safc is a demi God on this. Ask away.

Spent the last few days setting up an oxygen farm and mining cobalt. Chuck em in the large refiner and it multiplies cobalt. Get 8 stacks of 9999 cobalt and you can go from system to system selling it. Best part is the economy then crashes in the system and you can buy the stock back for 80% less than you bought it for. Rinse and repeat in the next system and you should have a massive chunk of credits for upgrades etc.

Spent the last few days setting up an oxygen farm and mining cobalt. Chuck em in the large refiner and it multiplies cobalt. Get 8 stacks of 9999 cobalt and you can go from system to system selling it. Best part is the economy then crashes in the system and you can buy the stock back for 80% less than you bought it for. Rinse and repeat in the next system and you should have a massive chunk of credits for upgrades etc.
That's one of the things they've done well, there are loads of ways to make money now. I like searching for crashed ships, taking them to a space station and scrapping them for parts.

Back