No Announcement

How can you get on a train early?
When it originates in the station you are getting on and it sits there for 20 mins before departure. The sheer weight of numbers will make the on board staff open the doors early plus the BTP will make this happen too if the platforms get too crowded. Nowt has changed since I worked there

If I had a seat reservation, I would gamble I'll be in that seat.It's a f***ing disgrace if they don't honour bookings.
If the person in your seat refused to move there is nothing the conductor can do as long as a valid ticket has been purchased for that journey. Reservations are free and the guard has no legal right to move you or threaten you with removal from the train.

Have LNER or GNR made any annoucements regarding organisation of how people Will be boarding the trains over the weekend , ie people with reserved seating boarding first and informing people which coaches are free or is it just gonna be a free for all , fckn disgrase if theres not something sorted.
Bing bong...every man for himself...bing bong

When it originates in the station you are getting on and it sits there for 20 mins before departure. The sheer weight of numbers will make the on board staff open the doors early plus the BTP will make this happen too if the platforms get too crowded. Nowt has changed since I worked there
The btp have no jurisdiction to order staff to open doors.

If the person in your seat refused to move there is nothing the conductor can do as long as a valid ticket has been purchased for that journey. Reservations are free and the guard has no legal right to move you or threaten you with removal from the train.
Well I'll be fucked. Never knew that mind. So reservations are totally pointless then? Unless he was a big nasty ****, if still got the cheeky test out my seat mind.

The btp have no jurisdiction to order staff to open doors.
Yes they do. Anything that causes a platform (or public area of the station) to get overcrowded will result in the BTP taking steps to alleviate for H&S reasons.
When I worked there, if there was disruption and a large number of people trying to get through the Gateline, the BTP would order us to open the gates and let people through without ticket checks

Yes they do. Anything that causes a platform (or public area of the station) to get overcrowded will result in the BTP taking steps to alleviate for H&S reasons.
When I worked there, if there was disruption and a large number of people trying to get through the Gateline, the BTP would order us to open the gates and let people through without ticket checks
Opening the gates to the platform is different to ordering me to open train doors. I work docco and if I'm not ready to open them it doesn't happen regardless of who is asking/telling.

Classic Facebook generation stuff from the op. I bet he comments loads on local news stories on social media with comments like the below....

‘What a disc race”

“People are just looking for an escape goat”

“There will be reaper cushions over this”

Have LNER or GNR made any annoucements regarding organisation of how people Will be boarding the trains over the weekend , ie people with reserved seating boarding first and informing people which coaches are free or is it just gonna be a free for all , fckn disgrase if theres not something sorted.
Logon or register to see this image

All this talk of free for alls, over selling , seat reservations not being honoured, I'm not sure whether to be worrying or not tbh.
Is most of this talk about the Saturday and Sunday?,

Were going down from Durham, 10.30 Friday morning.
I was kinda hoping that would avoid any of this clart on but not sure whether it'll be chaotic even then:neutral:

Back