Nixon reckons...

We have the biggest budget in league one. That doesn't mean lots of money is available for transfers. Just that currently running SAFC costs more than running any other league one club.

So when Donald was bragging about it early on saying most championship clubs would be envious of it, he meant they'd be envious of our running costs? Sorry but you're totally misrepresenting what was said.

Surprised at some of the responses. £4m is a hell of a lot of money in this league and if that is added to the transfer budget we'll be in for a cracking January. We'll be able to get a special player or two with £4m.

Thought we were fine for this season financially?
I think what Stewart Donald means when he says that is that even breaking even we will have the biggest budget in the league, but like shef United and Leeds before us this league is a bit of a mental league and it's hard to balance the need for shit but big and fast players with ball players who get lost in amongst the chaos that is league 1 football.

Surprised at some of the responses. £4m is a hell of a lot of money in this league and if that is added to the transfer budget we'll be in for a cracking January. We'll be able to get a special player or two with £4m.
Whether we actually do though is another question. No one at the club has done anything to suggest the right sort of player will be brought in.

Fair enough. Many fans, myself included don't expect that money to be spent well with the people in charge. Grigg and Leadbitter cost an absolute fortune in fees (Grigg) and wages for both of them. We dont know what we are doing in the transfer market.

He's a chancer who hears bits of gossip then tries to make full blown exclusives out of them.

That said I like his Twitter. No cringey posts about himself just the rumours he peddles.

if this was true it would be fun seeing the owners ring tonguers hailing it as a masterstroke ............from a takeover(that of course was never mentioned;):rolleyes:) to i dont know about 0.0011% of their net worth

Could have sworn it was all done and dusted like with heavy investment coming in, heard it on here like. I guess the £4m is heavy investment considering where we are right now eh.

Back