nitendo switch OLED

LeeHoweyYBIAC

Goalkeeper
the screen is thing of beauty that is all picked one up for the kids for xmas and of course i had to set it up and test it out etc...wadnt spunk £300 on one unless you have never owned one before

Upgraded from a launch switch, the screen is great, I love the depth and clarity it adds, also the unit itself feels more solid and less fisher price like the lcd version and the white is slick

Upgraded from a launch switch, the screen is great, I love the depth and clarity it adds, also the unit itself feels more solid and less fisher price like the lcd version and the white is slick
Does the screen look noticeably bigger? The big border on the Lcd version has always annoyed me.

Does the screen look noticeably bigger? The big border on the Lcd version has always annoyed me.
Ye most definitely as I was the same as you, obviously there is still a bezel, but compared to the letterbox version of the old one it's much better. It's only a 0.8 inch increase but it actually adds a 25% larger screen than the v1/v2

So tempted.
I think the upgrade is worth it from a new to the console and even if you have the old one and its not permanently docked if you've got a launch switch because the battery life is so much better as well, if you've got a v2 then it's literally the screen, but it makes me want to play undocked more because of the screen, whether that feeling will fade with time is down to the individual, but I'm not planning on getting a ps5 until at least 2023 as there isn't anything I'm interested in that's releasing next year so this will do me nicely for the foreseeable.

Watch the digital foundry review if you're unsure

Last edited:
Y tho? The whole point of the Switch is portability, make the screen bigger and it loses some of that.

Only ever played one game on the Switch.

Back