Nissan

Worked for a few always a temp. Worst one was last one Lear at houghton. Regularly sent home with no pay and told to come back tomorrow. Am in Union and our reps did well to negotiate way home never mind a pay deal. Yous only voted down a good deal in my view, I don’t know anyone who has had a £2k rise. Am new so yes guess old timers might have a different view but ok you said no, wait and see. You would think reps had shagged ya birds and drank ya beer the way some going going on 🤣🤣
I work at Lear marra. :lol: Permanent though.

Blimey Alreet Carol Vorderman🤣 £1k a man and around 6000 employees means it will cost £6 million one off payment. Obviously if it’s consolidated (%) rise that will be ongoing cost and compounded every year. If company can’t afford to consolidate it would you rather just say keep lump sum . People tell me yous always get a lump sum and it’s to get yous to vote yes. Only difference is you normally don’t wait so long for it.
Lump sums have only been paid the last few pay deals due to them trying offering crap % rises and knowing that some are swayed by the offer of a few quid around xmas. This is why they are now struggling to attract new staff because the pay has become so shit for new starters. They always say that this is all they can afford yet the company is still makes massive profits even during covid.

So as you put it was £6m a year ( not everyone is getting that) on the wage bill would be nothing to them to make that part of the salary going forward.

Last edited:
Lump sums have only been paid the last few pay deals due to them trying offering crap % rises and knowing that some are swayed by the offer of a few quid around xmas. This is why they are now struggling to attract new staff because the pay has become so shit for new starters. They always say that this is all they can afford yet the company is still makes massive profits even during covid.

So as you put it was £6m a year ( not everyone is getting that) on the wage bill would be nothing to them to make that part of the salary going forward.
Everyone would get it so would cost 6 million. It wouldn’t be nothing moving forward. It would cost more than 6 million plus every year because it gets compounded every year. You having a night off the sums Carol 🤣only joking mate

I work at Lear marra. :lol: Permanent though.
Anybody heard anything about the builds dropping soon?
I heard that from my mate in production control, tens of thousands coming out he reckons due to China lockdowns . With me being new I must be only one worried about my job at Nissan but them feckers twist on 21😂Am I only one that noticed in presentation we got they said they doing same volumes now they done in early nineties. Old fella next to me said aye he’s right but we had 2000 people less then as well. Feck me how long they gonna do that for!

I heard that from my mate in production control, tens of thousands coming out he reckons due to China lockdowns . With me being new I must be only one worried about my job at Nissan but them feckers twist on 21😂Am I only one that noticed in presentation we got they said they doing same volumes now they done in early nineties. Old fella next to me said aye he’s right but we had 2000 people less then as well. Feck me how long they gonna do that for!
We've been told our volumes at Lear are dropping for a few weeks.

Everyone would get it so would cost 6 million. It wouldn’t be nothing moving forward. It would cost more than 6 million plus every year because it gets compounded every year. You having a night off the sums Carol 🤣only joking mate
No everyone wasn’t getting it if you had took notice of the brief..Anyone above senior level was exempt from this deal. To a company this size £6m a year is nothing

Thankfully staff are starting to see through the lies and sob stories they give every pay deal

No everyone wasn’t getting it if you had took notice of the brief..Anyone above senior level was exempt from this deal. To a company this size £6m a year is nothing

Thankfully staff are starting to see through the lies and sob stories they give every pay deal
when I joined I got told managers were outside of your collective agreement so they never ever counted, you fighting for managers now like. Bet your lass doesn’t trust you with the shopping if £6 millions nothing😂 Compared to where I’ve been mate yous have had a salary every month since this whole pandemic started lots of people haven’t. Do you watch the news or are you wrapped up in Nissan cottonwool all the time😂😂
We've been told our volumes at Lear are dropping for a few weeks.
I heard this China thing gonna last rest of year mate. suppliers are hand to mouth and ruthless so let’s hope yous can ride this out👍

Last edited:
when I joined I got told managers were outside of your collective agreement so they never ever counted, you fighting for managers now like. Bet your lass doesn’t trust you with the shopping if £6 millions nothing😂 Compared to where I’ve been mate yous have had a salary every month since this whole pandemic started lots of people haven’t. Do you watch the news or are you wrapped up in Nissan cottonwool all the time😂😂

I heard this China thing gonna last rest of year mate. suppliers are hand to mouth and ruthless so let’s hope yous can ride this out👍
If we stop Nissan we get a huge fine, if they stop us it is tough titty. Shite like.

If we stop Nissan we get a huge fine, if they stop us it is tough titty. Shite like.
That’s why I decide to get job with top of the food chain, if it ever crumbles we would be last affected I hope. But then again listening to people I work with and on here NISSAN SUNDERLAND IS INVINCIBLE 😂😂 I bet that’s what Nissan Spain thought before they closed there plant last year. Also they have a massive plant in Russia… can’t see that starting anytime soon or ever again. Yeah am safe as houses😩😩😩

That’s it like, every time the pay talks come around they bring out the begging bowl and plead poverty.
I’ve never known a company that turns so much a profit plead with staff to be reasonable in pay talks as much as these do.

That’s it like, every time the pay talks come around they bring out the begging bowl and plead poverty.
I’ve never known a company that turns so much a profit plead with staff to be reasonable in pay talks as much as these do.

Has anybody on hear spoke to their Rep face to face and get them to explain their reasons for agreeing the deal? Our rest area has and the majority are now wishing they had voted Yes

One of the just isn’t deals we accepted give us the same shit literally week later announced new models and the massive solar farm etc that’s not something that just gets the go ahead over night esp that scale they have done it before and announced record profits aswel

Has anybody on hear spoke to their Rep face to face and get them to explain their reasons for agreeing the deal? Our rest area has and the majority are now wishing they had voted Yes
Care to elaborate? The rep I spoke to only said he thought it was a good deal and didn't go in to any detail.

Last edited:
He explained it throughly and what could happen in Oct when Negs poss resume. We said if he had explained the deal rather than the SV we would of thought differently
The consensus in my area at least wasn’t about the money, it was about being asked to take massive leaps of faith based on projections on inflation based on ‘trust me bro’ while the company themselves say it will be ‘volatile’ and challenging.

The consensus in my area at least wasn’t about the money, it was about being asked to take massive leaps of faith based on projections on inflation based on ‘trust me bro’ while the company themselves say it will be ‘volatile’ and challenging.
No matter when you do the Negs it's always a gamble you don't know what's round the corner good or bad

Back