Nissan

hi jonny, can you tell me an advantage of leaving the EU rather than childish insults?
We don't have to put up with kowtowing to unelected politicians and mandarins wasting billions in tax payers money. Also I don't agree with European judges deciding what we can and can't do. It's pretty simple really it is a club dominated by the Germans and French. I'm sure you'd love to go live there. Bye!!!

Nothing new really. Worked there from 04-09 and factories were apparently being built and a direct threat then. Conveniently they were only ever mentioned during pay talks and used as an excuse to offer poor pay rises to 'remain competitive'.
They'll also be angling for more Govt money.That's globalization.

So the battery plant. The new paint plant. The new xl press. The new incinerator. The entire existing factory. The brand new business enterprise centre that's going to be built. The huge infrastructure changes that are being made. The allocation of new Juke, Qashqai, X-Trail and Leaf are all going down the shitter on the word of an engineer.

I reckon my job is safe for a good few years yet personally.

Battery plant already in the process of being sold though - Chinese buying it.

I worked for Honda in Swindon years ago and went to Turkey as they wanted to get the plant started. The cars were pushed round on jigs for fitting by hand still not sure it took
off. Some of the countries are not that accepting to the 5S way. Nissan love Sunderland, that does not say they will stay but it will be hard for them to move

The brexit vote jeopardized Nissans future. The same is true for any foreign manufacturer in the uk. The absolute best case scenario is we've handed them a shit ton of negotiating leverage to stay here. The worst case is some will leave. It all depends on the deal we arrange with the eu. Proper roll of the dice stuff. Those saying we should walk away with no deal want their heads examined.

Last edited:
We don't have to put up with kowtowing to unelected politicians and mandarins wasting billions in tax payers money. Also I don't agree with European judges deciding what we can and can't do. It's pretty simple really it is a club dominated by the Germans and French. I'm sure you'd love to go live there. Bye!!!

Given that we still have the House of Lords and a civil service, that argument doesn’t hold up for long.

And specifically is it the ECJ or the ECHR you have issue with? Given that the ECHR is naff all to do with membership of the EU. And we’ll most likely absorb ECJ case law anyway.

You gain literally nothing by throwing our economy off a cliff.

So as far as you're concerned going over the cliff is OK.

There's going to be some big changes coming and the one thing that is guaranteed, the shitty bits will be dumped on the North/Wales/Scotland.
I don't want to go over any cliff. I didn't want to get on the bus in the first place.

It was a democratic vote get over it. The fact that Europe's 2 other big nations (Germany and France) are crapping themselves at having to make the shortfall when we leave, should be a salutary lesson to the anti Brexiteers. Nobody knows how it will pan out in the future but I for one am glad we're going to leave. Nissan will use any excuse to go somewhere cheaper whether we'd stayed or not.
8 billion quid is pocket money to the Germans, they ran a 22 billion surplus last year as opposed to our 65 billion deficit.

Friend of mine's brother is an engineer with Nissan in Barcelona. Last week he was sent to Tangiers to help look for site of new macro- factory. He says it is direct threat to the future of the Sunderland plant.

God help Sunderland, the region and our club if this is true.
It'll be more to do with the catalan shite

8 billion quid is pocket money to the Germans, they ran a 22 billion surplus last year as opposed to our 65 billion deficit.
Germany and France are both political powder kegs waiting to explode big style and that will impact on every aspect of life in both countries. I truly believe that we're best out of it.

They'll be hard pressed to find the required quality of staff. :)
The NMUK staff are the most efficient car workers on the planet, they even outperformed the Japanese plants when I was there and held the record for the fastest produced vehicle, the Micra.
NMUK is the Jewel in Nissan's crown... they're going nowhere.

So because of Brexit Nissan want to shut the Sunderland plant and open a new one in Africa?

Smells like bullshit to me.
Smells exactly what FOOTLOOSE industries do. The thick heads who fell for the meaningless sound bites just do not understand how these things work. I notice the brexitear dogs are not barking so loudly these days. Red Boz will be along shortly, giving his ever more deluded side of it.

The NMUK staff are the most efficient car workers on the planet, they even outperformed the Japanese plants when I was there and held the record for the fastest produced vehicle, the Micra.
NMUK is the Jewel in Nissan's crown... they're going nowhere.

For now. I wouldn't say never on it mind. The Moroccans will be working for pennies which is a massive incentive for big business.

For now. I wouldn't say never on it mind. The Moroccans will be working for pennies which is a massive incentive for big business.
Agreed, but quality assurance is also a massive incentive, which I dare say would be a huge risk if they moved to Africa.
Nissan already had a workforce in the 80s that we're able to transition easily from heavy industries, where would they find that in North Africa?

Back