Nissan

Hope to god it is shite. Man who told me is Catalan and is completely unaware of our clubs existence. In fact, he mentioned the "Newcastle" factory
Confirmed as complete and utter bullshit then; within the 'Nissan world' we're known as 'Sunderland plant'.

Nissans biggest market in Europe is the UK. They no where there bread is buttered
Only 20% of production to be fair

I remember posting my concerns for Nissan in the BREXIT threads at the time. It's fair to say I was in the minority with the opinion that we may come to regret voting out.

Friend of mine's brother is an engineer with Nissan in Barcelona. Last week he was sent to Tangiers to help look for site of new macro- factory. He says it is direct threat to the future of the Sunderland plant.

God help Sunderland, the region and our club if this is true.
If Catalonia leaves Spain Nissan will have two big factories leave the EU.

Nothing new really. Worked there from 04-09 and factories were apparently being built and a direct threat then. Conveniently they were only ever mentioned during pay talks and used as an excuse to offer poor pay rises to 'remain competitive'.

Friend of mine's brother is an engineer with Nissan in Barcelona. Last week he was sent to Tangiers to help look for site of new macro- factory. He says it is direct threat to the future of the Sunderland plant.

God help Sunderland, the region and our club if this is true.

Cool story bro.

So the battery plant. The new paint plant. The new xl press. The new incinerator. The entire existing factory. The brand new business enterprise centre that's going to be built. The huge infrastructure changes that are being made. The allocation of new Juke, Qashqai, X-Trail and Leaf are all going down the shitter on the word of an engineer.

I reckon my job is safe for a good few years yet personally.

So the battery plant. The new paint plant. The new xl press. The new incinerator. The entire existing factory. The brand new business enterprise centre that's going to be built. The huge infrastructure changes that are being made. The allocation of new Juke, Qashqai, X-Trail and Leaf are all going down the shitter on the word of an engineer.

Having spent a lot of time there and knowing two mates who established factories in Rocky I'd say you're spot on.

Just promise me this ...if it happens, please don't say you weren't warned about it.......

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/nissan-review-uk-operations-event-9934329

Ive been told that Nissan are wanting all suppliers to have warehouses on site from 2020

Back