Nissan

I posted about this earlier in the thread, governments have handled this terribly, modern diesels have years and year left before they needed demonising and phasing out.

What a shitty thing to post, scored a point have we?

You haven't like but if it makes you feel better than crack on.
Agreed. Our wonderful government have a lot to answer for. The UK car industry is on its arse right now.

I posted about this earlier in the thread, governments have handled this terribly, modern diesels have years and year left before they needed demonising and phasing out.
Exactly right.

It's all EU driven too.

Brexit could possibly see a change in our government's stance.

@Big Duke Six @benizz

I think we might see a U-turn from our government tbh but we'd also need to see the US and Canada follow suit to really help, Nissan has been hit by Euro diesel sales and JLR has been hammered by N America.

Hopefully Brexit might see changes for the better with regards that, the remoaners will see it as a 'I told you so' moment despite it not being a Brexit issue, also forgetting that 1 ops job lost at production can lead to 10 other ops losing work in the supply chain, gobshites.

Fingers crossed lads, Nissan are very much prepared for the engine changeovers coming, JLR are not imho. I was at SVO at Gaydon recently, nothing is changing fast enough.

Doesn’t.
You obviously haven’t been following the thread so I’ll explain it to you.

@ANonnyMoose said that since we voted Brexit , droves of educated people are leaving the UK, the pound has had the biggest crash ever, and the whole banking industry has left the UK.

The second two were lies. The one about droves of educated people leaving I believe to be a lie and asked him to prove it.
He couldn’t.
@redgauntlet asked me to prove that educated people weren’t leaving - it’s quite hard to prove , but the best I could do is show that net migration is the highest it’s been for years.
We still have more coming in than leaving (EU and non EU).
It doesn’t say what the education is of each one, as when you come in they don’t ask for your GCSE equivalent , but I think it’s fair to say that @ANonnyMoose has lied again, as it’s pretty doubtful that everyone leaving is intelligent and everyone coming in is thick as pigshit. Logically , the net migration of those with a high education will be surplus.
Look you tit, you talk some shit. I corrected myself on the pound crash, sorry that it was only *one* of the biggest ever. As for banking - I didn't say left, I said LEAVING. I would give more details, but I'm not allowed to, but you'll see soon enough.

As for the educated people leaving, again its already happening, as I said go on the forums of various professions and see for yourself. Many have left already, many more are investigating options. The EU, USA/Canada, Australia, SE Asia are the places most people are headed or have already gone to. I'm one of them. It's not exactly something the government are going to shout about, is it?

Now we have Land Rover and Nissan shedding jobs. I guess its all one huge coincidence.....

What a shitty thing to post, scored a point have we?

You haven't like but if it makes you feel better than crack on.

I’ve said many, many times mate. I hope I’m wrong but this isn’t going to end well and i’ll gutted for those people and the city in general. No petty point scoring here but people who seem to think this glorious future exists post-Brexit need telling

Look you tit, you talk some shit. I corrected myself on the pound crash, sorry that it was only *one* of the biggest ever. As for banking - I didn't say left, I said LEAVING. I would give more details, but I'm not allowed to, but you'll see soon enough.

As for the educated people leaving, again its already happening, as I said go on the forums of various professions and see for yourself. Many have left already, many more are investigating options. The EU, USA/Canada, Australia, SE Asia are the places most people are headed or have already gone to. I'm one of them. It's not exactly something the government are going to shout about, is it?

Now we have Land Rover and Nissan shedding jobs. I guess its all one huge coincidence.....

not to mention the furore re diesel cars. people are fed up, that the government encouraged people to buy diesel and now this, they are getting kicked.
take into account that people are basically hiring cars for a 3 year period and handing them back, which will cause issues with the 2nd hand market
does not help when the media want to give the government a kicking they just mention Brexit.
corbyn and his doommungers have uk in a terrible state where nobody has a hope. were all doomed a tell ya, doomed.
eu are still trying to stop Brexit with their tactics. They don't want UK they just want our money and they don't care how they get it.

Nissan have nothing to do with the club,if they gave a shit about the region or club they would sponsor them.
Tin hat and body armour on, here goes.

a) Perhaps they don't want to make themselves more popular in Sunderland but risk making themselves unpopular with fans of other football teams.

b) Perhaps they would only overlook a) if we were a successful club.

I’ve said many, many times mate. I hope I’m wrong but this isn’t going to end well and i’ll gutted for those people and the city in general. No petty point scoring here but people who seem to think this glorious future exists post-Brexit need telling

I don't think anyone has said post Brexit will be glorious, if anyone did they are indeed stupid, this has nothing to with Brexit and all to do with sales of Diesel engines sadly, a few of us posted a while back about the problems JLR faced due to the very same issue.

This would have happened Brexit or not due to government nonsense mate.

Tin hat and body armour on, here goes.

a) Perhaps they don't want to make themselves more popular in Sunderland but risk making themselves unpopular with fans of other football teams.

b) Perhaps they would only overlook a) if we were a successful club.

I agree, hence they sponsor sky football coverage, so as to remain neutral, but get the larger attention

Nissans interest is in the uk market and eu, not in creating jobs in sunderland. as it happens if eu and uk markets are healthy so will our jobs be

Why the reference to Brexit in this?

All of a sudden Diesel engines are death on wheels, City’s and country’s will ban them in years to come.
Joe public now is turning to petrol and electric, Nissan and Renault simply have been caught out with the sudden drop in demand and can’t replace with petrol engines as there isn’t enough supply.
Brexit has nowt to do with this.
They have 3 new models arriving, the future is still good in Sunderland, despite Brexit.

It’s nothing to do with Brexit, car sales especially diesels are down considerably throughout Europe. It’s been coming just took a bit longer than I thought. Overtime tomorrow believe it or not.

:eek::oops: f***ing hell man, watch it, getting so angry and abusive about fuck all.

‘You’d give more details but you’re not allowed to’ :lol: how many beers you had today marra?

Btw

whole industries starting to move out like banking, educated immigrants leaving’

That’s what you said - that’s utter bollocks, it’s what you think may happen because of the remain campaign lies.

And educated folk may be leaving, but the migration of eu nationals and non eu is still massively in surplus
(Some 285,000 non-EU citizens arrived in the UK in the 12-month period to September, and 80,000 departed)
This gives a net increase of 205,000, the highest for six years.

which seems to be that educated people are coming, unless you think everyone coming is thick. Like I said - the highest number for 6 years. Doesn’t seem like a country in mortal danger of collapse like you think.

Anyway, enjoy your evening, try not to abuse strangers on a message board, especially when you are proper itk about the whole banking sector , with privileged info you can’t share to anyone - ffs :lol:

30k sounds class and is , But won’t last long if can’t get other work , everyone moans about working there but most long term staff will turn it down I reckon as the pension and salary is too good to walk away

At least we’ll no longer have the Eu using our own money to fund the movement of our own factories and jobs out of the U.K. to some foreign land.

Back