Nissan Practical Test (Maintenance Tech Apprentice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anyone know anyone in the Maintenance Tech role or department? For shifts etc...

Circuits have been mentioned so I think that might be it, thanks
Brush up on pneumatic symbols, I hadn't done any for nigh on 10 years when I done it so I was hopeless.

Hi,
New on here but thought I could get some sound advice.
Ive applied to be a Trainee Maintenance Tech at Nissan and passed the Aptitude tests and now onto the Practical Test.
Could someone tell me what it'll consist of? I've heard its something to do with circuit boards and instruction following. Anything extra would be a real help.
Thanks,
Ben
It's been 17 years since I did one(and passed) so it might have changed, I'm sure it was putting some cogs together and/ or completing a circuit, nowt to worry about. The interview was a bustard mind

Applied for this post 12 years ago! Passed apptitude tests, practical tests, half day session with interview at the end. Offered the apprenticeship, then the fact that i'd knocked each GCSE grade up by 1 grade came back to bite me on the arse!!! Hahs, the college wouldnt putme on the day release course, coz i didnt have the grades! Id been left school 4 year!. Anyway got me apprenticeship with the housing grouptheyear after so might have turned out alreet.
Anyway you g un from what i remember there will be about 20 of yous in there split into work groups with a few of the gaffers / HR folk watching how yous go about the tasks. My advice dont sit there like a church mouse but dont go on like a know all billy big bollocks either. Be keen to get involved, listen to others, put ya own ideas forward etc. dosent matter if tas win the little tasks or not its how ya go about it thatmatters. Its nowt to worry about just try and enjoy yasel and yal be fine.

Last edited:
I'm starting a Technical Training Manager role next week with a large manufacturer and my goal is to address the skills gap of the maintenance engineers and techs.

I'll give you more info in 18 months when I've completed the project.

The one I did was in 3 parts.

Clock a motor coupling and shim them till it was good.

Assemble a pneumatic gun according to a technical drawing and mark the missing components.

Design and assemble a pneumatic circuit.
That's the test for maintenance techs not apprentices.
How old is the op? Whatever happened to proper apprentices, 16 year olds straight from school, bum fluff taches, shy as fuck ( for a couple of months anyway:lol: ) seems to be 30 year old baldy twats who have done everything but couldn't put a bell on a bike.
Not saying the op is that like but just saying like :lol::lol:

Does anyone know anyone in the Maintenance Tech role or department? For shifts etc...

Circuits have been mentioned so I think that might be it, thanks

My brother has just finished serving his time as a maintenance tech, i'll give him a shout, see if he replies.

That's the test for maintenance techs not apprentices.
How old is the op? Whatever happened to proper apprentices, 16 year olds straight from school, bum fluff taches, shy as fuck ( for a couple of months anyway:lol: ) seems to be 30 year old baldy twats who have done everything but couldn't put a bell on a bike.
Not saying the op is that like but just saying like :lol::lol:
Ah reet, was thinking it might be a bit much for someone a bit green!

Nissan lads are supposed work to Standard Operations (but rarely do) which is basically following shitty written instructions without deviation. Showing you will do this and question any areas you are unsure of will stand you in good stead

Fixed mate.

Hi,
New on here but thought I could get some sound advice.
Ive applied to be a Trainee Maintenance Tech at Nissan and passed the Aptitude tests and now onto the Practical Test.
Could someone tell me what it'll consist of? I've heard its something to do with circuit boards and instruction following. Anything extra would be a real help.
Thanks,
Ben

I did the test 12 year ago at 15 year old and I believe its the same test they use today. aptitude tests were pretty straight forward maths, english and mechanical. Mechanical was basically cogs and pulleys etc, working out which way it would turn if the handle goes clockwise/anti clockwise.

Practical test is where I really shit the bed! It was a few diagrams what I remember and you had to build a circuit on a board using various components and putting washers etc on the right way. Then you had to wire it up and you had a few different lights that had to come on at various times. Fair to say I didn't have a clue as I was still in school and done nothing like this before. Get some practice reading diagrams familiarise yourself with different washers etc penny, spring, flats and stripping wire. If you have worked with this kind of stuff before you will walk it.

9 years later I got a job there as a maintenance tech. Didn't work there too long as I ended up offshore. You can earn some good money there and its a continental shift pattern of 4 shifts on 4 off,(2 days and 2 nights) so plenty of time off. Good luck and hopefully you get in as you will get some good qualifications and training.

Put the red wire on the red clip

Put the green wire on the green clip

Put the gromits in the wholes they fit in

Take this wheel off with this drill (4 bolts I think it was) and then put it back on again

Piece of piss unless it's a different one you are doing
That's for the line

you didn't last there long then :lol:

Still here mate :lol:

Think it's been covered but this is the info my brother gave me....

At the start it's just like a competency test, make sure you can follow basic instructions, read a simple drawing, work little problems out. At the end there's a mechanical and an electrical skills test, mechanical is setting up 2 motors to be aligned, assemble a windy gun from a drawing and find the damaged parts and then assemble a pneumatic circuit from a drawing and fault find on it. The electrical involves wiring a motor, the controls and test it live and dead. Then it's wire a relay circuit and fault find on that. Then finally it's wire 2 harting plugs (multi pin) and test it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back