Nissan furloughed again?

saying theyd close it almost proudly. what good would that ever do to the region. pathetic man
The people in these factories and especially Nissan want to do their upmost to keep these places open,they are not in a strong position to take the piss and should learn from their fathers and look back to the 70’s/80’s and see what unions have done to British industries.

The people in these factories and especially Nissan want to do their upmost to keep these places open,they are not in a strong position to take the piss and should learn from their fathers and look back to the 70’s/80’s and see what unions have done to British industries.
And in particular the motor industry.
Unions have absolutely no powers these days

And also look back and see what unions have done for the working man. Holiday pay, not being worked to the bone etc. Coming across as a scumbag gaffer here like.

Unions have far less power now , doesn’t mean they are a bad thing though , especially in manufacturing and manual work where more likely to be exploited
As far as I know, Nissan dont reconise them.
I have a mistrust of unions after I was being made redundant.
I was in a room having a meeting about my exit package, and in the room next to me were 3 Union guys who were discussing who should be finished and who should stay.
They actually convinced a guy to move jobs knowing it was going to be a role that was finishing.
Never trusted them since that

I’ve dealt with unions and a certain one in particular. God awful people behind them who are only interested in there own egos and not the people they claim to represent. They’ll drive a wedge between the people they represent, call a ballot and rig it if they can, they’ll try every un decent thing to do. Exhorting fees and memberships and then selling people out all the while funding the likes of Corbyn.
Mainly hippy lefty types who’ve never done a days work in the life. The lack of knowledge over contractual matters or emplament laws is generally poor, one lad who contacted a union I know of recently over furlough and redundancy they told him to do xyz, he found himself 5grand lesser off than the original offer made pre union, redundant, and union leader failed to come to his consultation meetings twice, when one did arrive they brought the wrong notes and came half an hour late.
I’ve seen It get personally on a site to a point on a famous large project in the UK whereby if teams of trades represented by a union wanted to come in they were turned away, we’d had a strike on site and those represented by a certain union who participated when the cuts and lay offs came they found themselves 1st in line to go.

Last edited:
And also look back and see what unions have done for the working man. Holiday pay, not being worked to the bone etc. Coming across as a scumbag gaffer here like.
I do,unions a 100 year ago or so did exactly what they where supposed to do.You can’t say that’s the case over the last 50 years.

Iam a gaffer your right,but I’m 43.If I wasn’t the big cheese at this age then something would be a miss Dont you think ?

I do,unions a 100 year ago or so did exactly what they where supposed to do.You can’t say that’s the case over the last 50 years.

Iam a gaffer your right,but I’m 43.If I wasn’t the big cheese at this age then something would be a miss Dont you think ?
Nah, been there, done that. My main thing these days is to get mortgage free.

Possibly

Or people have now twigged on expensive holidays are a waste of money and are getting their priorities right by getting a decent car,sorting their homes out etc.
With the lockdowns, furlough, redundancies and a lot of shifting to working from home, I’d say a new car would be low down on the list of many people’s priorities.

You would think so but it’s definitely not the case for loads

True annoyingly I’ve known people to get grants and use them to buy new cars.

One question what has always stumped me is why the police and co use every type of pergeot, Citroen you name it but never stuff like a quashqui or juke of which are made with uk labour? Surely after the transition With Brexit, our public procurement of vehicles for the likes of the police forces should look at this as an opportunity and support manufacturing in this country?

Back