Nissan furloughed again?

Aye will do....think I was looking at one of their options recently but it was a guided tour and want to do it on our own - I think!!
We did the first part of our trip as a guided tour, the tour leader Steve was a great guy the second part we did our selves, Tokyo is a great city, the underground is easy to use .

Possibly

Or people have now twigged on expensive holidays are a waste of money and are getting their priorities right by getting a decent car,sorting their homes out etc.
That's bollocks IMO, my now grown up kids don't talk about the new kitchen extension we had done or the new cars we bought but have great memories of the holidays we took them on. One years depreciation on a new car pays for a canny holiday. It's about memories not possessions.

Couldn't agree more, especially having a new kitchen in last year....that novelty has well and truly worn off!!

Plan is still to go to Japan next Oct.....if I could do it for £10k I'd be ower the moon, reality is that might get us flights and rooms :lol:

That is a holiday, a real experience of a different culture and way of life. I do actually kind of agree with him about 2 weeks in a holiday resort which is my idea of hell but each to their own. I do love Japan been a few times now - Tokyo is truly fascinating.

That is a holiday, a real experience of a different culture and way of life. I do actually kind of agree with him about 2 weeks in a holiday resort which is my idea of hell but each to their own. I do love Japan been a few times now - Tokyo is truly fascinating.

100% with you on that....we've only done 2 resort types in Tenerife and Turkey the last 13 or so years, and they just aren't for us. The rest have been world cities or must visit places such as Florence & Berlin etc The idea of 2 weeks round a pool doesn't really do it for us, a few days maybe, but need to be out and about. Each to their own of course.

I did a week in Japan for work a few years ago and think the kids are old enough to really appreciate it and it's f***ing barminess now!

Can’t beat travelling abroad IMO .. each to their own but it’s a big world and much of life about experiences Not material possessions
100% this. Life experiences worth so much more than any material possession.

Such a big world put there, so much to see.

Would much rather travel to a different part of the world that I've never been to than get a slightly smarter car. Each to their own though I suppose.

Can’t beat travelling abroad IMO .. each to their own but it’s a big world and much of life about experiences Not material possessions
Could not agree with this more. Material trinkets don't interest me at all unless the quality of it enhances the experience (hifi, TV, etc). Nee-one looks back on their life reminiscing about a car or watch they had back in the day. Memories can't be worn or driven.
Can't imagine lying on my death bed reliving tales of when I got that new kitchen fitted.
Everyone has different priorities but suggesting that holidays are a waste of money is nonsense.
Seems I was beaten to it. :lol:

Last edited:
Could not agree with this more. Material trinkets don't interest me at all unless the quality of it enhances the experience (hifi, TV, etc). Nee-one looks back on their life reminiscing about a car or watch they had back in the day. Memories can't be worn or driven.

Seems I was beaten to it. :lol:
A car and watch can bring memories as much as holiday.

If that’s your thing that’s your thing.

I agree and that's what opinions are all about. I'm struggling to imagine someone harking back to those lovely watch wearing days with the family mind. :lol:
A good few years ago I worked with a bloke who was a bit careful with money, he asked what I would choose as he had enough money to either block pave his drive or take his Mrs and kids on holiday. I said that's easy as your family wouldn't have great memories of the year you got the drive sorted, whereas on the other hand they'll remember the holiday.
He decided on the drive, two years later his Mrs left him, the drive still looks good though.

Some interesting news for automotive sector:

We were always building epower hybrid Qashqai, the plug in hybrid version has we were meant to build has now been cancelled though(it was forecast to be 10 per cent of sales).
Class move by Nissan....country is moving into lockdown and they still enforce the overtime.
WATTBA
Sales have been good in the European market apparently and stock levels are now low.

Last edited:
On deathbed - eee can you remember that time when we looked at my watch and it was 3 o clock?
People hand down expensive or sentimental items such as watches. It’s a connection to a person. Have just as good memories connected to a watch or car as a holiday.

Bet loads would love to get hold of the old car their grandad ferried them around in or the pocket watch issued when he was a soldier in the army etc.

People hand down expensive or sentimental items such as watches. It’s a connection to a person. Have just as good memories connected to a watch or car as a holiday.

Bet loads would love to get hold of the old car their grandad ferried them around in or the pocket watch issued when he was a soldier in the army etc.

That's absolutely not the type of thing Gilly was on about though.

Back