Nintendo Switch....

Just bit the bullet and bought BOTW. Wanted a proper project for it. Will be getting the new fm in a few weeks also.

cracking little system however I have never docked it yet
Always play mine docked apart from FM.

Never played any of the other Luigi's Mansion games but I'm gonna pick that up at some point

or wait till price drops or buy it second hand from gumtree/shpock mate

Price doesn't collapse that much on first party Nintendo stuff until it goes into the selects range years after. You'll still be paying around £30 this time next year for Luigi's Mansion I reckon.

Price doesn't collapse that much on first party Nintendo stuff until it goes into the selects range years after. You'll still be paying around £30 this time next year for Luigi's Mansion I reckon.
BOTW was £48 yesterday, to prove your point

I'm looking at getting one, I can't believe how well they've held their prices, considering they are £280 new, pretty much everyone is going for £220+ second hand. I'm specifically looking for one that I can jailbreak though so that does narrow the search down quite considerably.

The bairn is after one for Xmas, negating the issue that they are rather pricey.
For those that have one, do I need a second set of controllers apart from the ones it comes with ? I assume i'll also need some sort of charging dock for the controllers too. Anything else needed ?

The controllers can be used sideways to allow two people to play together and they charge through the switch itself. A spare pair are pricey and if you have to have more it's worth getting a plug in wired controller from Argos. The bairn got a couple of Nintendo themed ones for £12ish a while back and they're ace.

It should come with the 2 controllers which are attached to the screen (either side) and the whole thing sits in a docking station which should also be included.
Got the bairns one last Christmas and it seems canny although they haven’t bothered with it that much tbf

The bairn is after one for Xmas, negating the issue that they are rather pricey.
For those that have one, do I need a second set of controllers apart from the ones it comes with ? I assume i'll also need some sort of charging dock for the controllers too. Anything else needed ?
Also if you want a couple of games to go with it have a look down Tesco. Their 2 for £60 offer has some good titles included.

Last edited:
If you're only going to use it as a handheld then the Lite version is cheaper.

No need for a separate dock for the controllers. They charge while the console is docked.

Nintendo returned tomorrow, fully repaired (I hope) for nisht
Thanks for the help
Next query is whether to buy Luigi's Mansion for it 🙂

It's excellent, finally got to play some of it over the weekend and it's a cracking little game. Great mechanics, good puzzles, cracking visuals and sound. Lots of fun, especially if you like solving puzzles.

turns out the switch is handy for keeping the wife away from shopping for house decorating stuff. Installed disney classics lion king and Aladdin along with crash bandicoot which she had as a kid 😅

Back