nintendo Switch

How you finding it then mate?
Console is lovely. Impressed with it. Feels lovely when you slide the controllers in :lol: nice tidy little thing in general.
UI is nice. Thought the controller would be too small as I have big hands but it's fine. The rumble in the controller is really good. I usually disable it on the Xbox but can see me keeping this on.

There isn't much play in the analog sticks so it's quite hard to aim on Zelda, though I'm wondering if it would be easier with the movement sensor off. That's my major gripe. Enjoying Zelda but it's a bit slow so far but to be fair I'm about 30 mins in.

Bit disappointed with the graphics. There are some lovely particle effects and details but the textures are quite low res in places. Not too fussed about that as I expected it but it's a noticeable drop from what I'm used to. Not used to the controls yet. Keep mixing up A and B for some reason. Presumably it's the other way round on the Xbox controller.

Can't think of anything else so far but I've only had an hour on it. Think it will have an interesting future. It's well worth the money considering its versatility. Potentially a massive library of games that will suit it perfectly as well, especially for hand held stuff.

Hard to justify the spend at the minute but I am very tempted.
I wasn't going to get one either but saw it sat on the shelf and next thing I know I'd bought it. haven't felt the urge to buy a Nintendo console since I was a kid. Proper gadget this though :lol:

Last edited:
It is my birthday next month. Might buy one then replace the cash in our lasses maternity fund then. :lol:

that word still makes me cry nearly 2 years we saved up to have a child...i cant wait till she goes back to work.....

Console is lovely. Impressed with it. Feels lovely when you slide the controllers in :lol: nice tidy little thing in general.
UI is nice. Thought the controller would be too small as I have big hands but it's fine. The rumble in the controller is really good. I usually disable it on the Xbox but can see me keeping this on.

There isn't much play in the analog sticks so it's quite hard to aim on Zelda, though I'm wondering if it would be easier with the movement sensor off. That's my major gripe. Enjoying Zelda but it's a bit slow so far but to be fair I'm about 30 mins in.

Bit disappointed with the graphics. There are some lovely particle effects and details but the textures are quite low res in places. Not too fussed about that as I expected it but it's a noticeable drop from what I'm used to. Not used to the controls yet. Keep mixing up A and B for some reason. Presumably it's the other way round on the Xbox controller.

Can't think of anything else so far but I've only had an hour on it. Think it will have an interesting future. It's well worth the money considering its versatility. Potentially a massive library of games that will suit it perfectly as well, especially for hand held stuff.

I wasn't going to get one either but saw it sat on the shelf and next thing I know I'd bought it. haven't felt the urge to buy a Nintendo console since I was a kid. Proper gadget this though :lol:

indeed..im just loving the face that when quality games do come out i can parky my arse on the couch and play quality video games whilst the mrs watches her shit TV instead of pretending to be interested in who is f***ing who in coronation street

Last edited:

I had a gamecube and loved it but just realised that was almost half of my life ago. :eek:

More than that man unless you got one very late on. Snes was released 27 years ago.

i cant remember what year i got it im 36 now like and ive pretty much had every console/computer apart from an amiga or a specrum on their year of release.....man i wish id kept them all and all in their boxes too :( few gransds worth of RETRO

im off to cry

i cant remember what year i got it im 36 now like and ive pretty much had every console/computer apart from an amiga or a specrum on their year of release.....man i wish id kept them all and all in their boxes too :( few gransds worth of RETRO

im off to cry
Yep. Gave away my nes - well me Mam did. Sold my snes for £70 with a dozen games and a universal game adapter. Still got my n64 (I think) and game gear.

Back