nintendo Switch

Been off for a week and I’ve put 20 hours + into Stardew Valley...

Cheers @Sima :lol:

Mario kart down to 30 quid. Worth it ?

It’s good with a few friends, I got it for a similar price using an Argos voucher. I couldn’t justify paying forty odd quid or whatever it’s normally going for!

Off topic - Nintendo prices are mad, we sold all our old Pokémon (aye I know) for the DS the other day and came out with around £100, they hadn’t been touched for years. Is it due to limited stock made?

Last edited:

Off topic - Nintendo prices are mad, we sold all our old Pokémon (aye I know) for the DS the other day and came out with around £100, they hadn’t been touched for years. Is it due to limited stock made?

Cartridges are more expensive to make than Discs, only by a couple of quid but producers are making maximum profits of it because demand is usually bigger than supply.

Classic examples of this for the Switch is PayDay The Heist where it was free on Steam over Xmas but retails at £45 on the Switch.
And in December you got Diablo III coming out which retails for £25 on PC but will be £55 on Switch

Zelda proved that people are willing to pay £60 for new releases and £50 for 2nd hand and that's the price model Nintendo are sticking to. And it will apply to AAA DS titles.

Last edited:
Cartridges are more expensive to make than Discs, only by a couple of quid but producers are making maximum profits of it because demand is usually bigger than supply.

Classic examples of this for the Switch is PayDay The Heist where it was free on Steam over Xmas but retails at £45 on the Switch.
And in December you got Diablo III coming out which retails for £25 on PC but will be £55 on Switch

Zelda proved that people are willing to pay £60 for new releases and £50 for 2nd hand and that's the price model Nintendo are sticking to. And it will apply to AAA DS titles.

Thanks for that - still gobsmacked I saw Skyrim going for £45 in Tesco... released in 2011 wasn’t it?!

Just noticed that the pricing for switch online has been announced. £17.99 for a year , launches on Wednesday. Are the Switch users on here going for it?

Just noticed that the pricing for switch online has been announced. £17.99 for a year , launches on Wednesday. Are the Switch users on here going for it?
No. It’s still in the dark ages. You have to use your phone and app for a voice chat. Mental. I’ll be selling the switch when I’m done with Zelda.

Membership options are £3 a month, £7 for 3 months or £18 for a year which is like £1.50 a month

It comes with all the classic NES titles including Super Mario Brothers with co-op so its probably worth it. That alone is worth the less than £2 a month.
Those are just the original release titles from Wednesday and could easily be expanded to N64 titles

Super Mario Brothers U been announced for the Switch for release in 2019 which will be another great game. Its just a shame aside from Zelda and Splatoon literally all the great Switch games are Mario titles.

Last edited:

exactly why i hacked mine and now get all my games for free

#winning

Enjoy while it lasts. Next batch of games coming out are requiring tomorrow's update rendering your Switch useless since you can't update the firmware. #notwinning.

SX OS is firmware future proof you doughnut

Enjoy while it lasts. Next batch of games coming out are requiring tomorrow's update rendering your Switch useless since you can't update the firmware. #notwinning.

As you might have heard, a major update for Nintendo Switch is right around the corner.

To make for a smooth landing we have adapted your beloved SX OS to be fully compatible with the yet to be released firmware 6.0! We'll save you the fairy-tales of implied time-travel and such, but let's just say we got to have a look at this firmware a bit ahead of schedule. ;)

Currently, there is no easy (or endorsed by Team-Xecuter) method for manually installing this major update, but if there's sufficient demand we will devise a method. (Possibly helpful for those of you who got "super-banned" somehow)

That's it for today! Enjoy the most future proof solution for your Switch!

--< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >--

#stillwinning

Last edited:
SX OS is firmware future proof you doughnut

Yep the same SX OS which Nintendo managed to zap every 3DS user in this months update and they conveniently decide to roll out a massive update on the Switch on short notice :rolleyes:

Think you might wanna re-consider a legit Switch because Nintendo are getting close.

Yep the same SX OS which Nintendo managed to zap every 3DS user in this months update and they conveniently decide to roll out a massive update on the Switch on short notice :rolleyes:

Think you might wanna re-consider a legit Switch because Nintendo are getting close.

if and when i cant play new games ill just fuck it off anyway, i only ever use it portable never go online as its flaky and the only games i play online are 100x better on Consoles and PC anyway

Going to be honest, I feel Nintendo are charging me for shit I was getting for free. :lol:

NES/SNES emulation has been perfect for 20 years. N64 has aged badly. Would need to go gamecube and beyond for this to be a draw for me.

For £20 a year I'm not that arsed though. I have the odd bash of Splatoon and Mario Kart.

Going to be honest, I feel Nintendo are charging me for shit I was getting for free. :lol:

NES/SNES emulation has been perfect for 20 years. N64 has aged badly. Would need to go gamecube and beyond for this to be a draw for me.

For £20 a year I'm not that arsed though. I have the odd bash of Splatoon and Mario Kart.

Feel the exact same way. I always play the Switch with the other half so having Super Mario Brothers is a plus. But having to play online is a bit like getting a new job but now you have to pay your for prescriptions which were normally free.

Anyone enjoying the Switch? Thinking of getting one as I'm going on holiday- so would be nice to take it away. Are they good on the move? Only really worth it for Mario and Zelda?
Do kids find it easy to pick up and play?

Back