nintendo Switch

Because the XBOX One came with a whole load of better specs. That obviously pushes the price up.

Tbh I'm seeing it more as a console that you might take out once in a blue moon (and maybe that's a bit unfair as I don't think it's meant to compete with Sony and MS as a console) but, to me, in comparison to the price of a PS4/XBOX now, it seems a lot. I'm sure if you're all about what it does and love Nintendo games that much then its a worthwhile purchase and a fair price. Just not for me.
the price of the zelda cart is more staggering mind

Because the XBOX One came with a whole load of better specs. That obviously pushes the price up.

Tbh I'm seeing it more as a console that you might take out once in a blue moon (and maybe that's a bit unfair as I don't think it's meant to compete with Sony and MS as a console that sits under your TV) but, to me, in comparison to the price of a PS4/XBOX now, it seems a lot. I'm sure if you're all about what it does and love Nintendo games that much then it's a worthwhile purchase and a fair price. Just not for me.
Compare it to the Xl 3ds, they're £190 without a game. So add a bigger screen, two joy cons(hd rumble & motion control) more power means its easily worth £280..

Last edited:
It's bloody great man and I haven't even got a f***ing clue what I'm doing, just running around getting my arse kicked. I couldn't give two shites about resolutions and processors.

You can't use micro sd cards on more than one system, so essentially you can't 'switch' systems, looking more like saves etc are always going to be tied to your system so keep hoping for a cloud based setup

You can't use micro sd cards on more than one system, so essentially you can't 'switch' systems, looking more like saves etc are always going to be tied to your system so keep hoping for a cloud based setup

I'd imagine that cloud saving will be part of the big online update coming at the end of the year.

Because, although people like to think Nintendo are the nice company, they're the most money oriented.

Saying that, I LOVE my switch. Haven't touched my Pro since friday.
But in order for you to have save files to transfer there's a high probability you'd have to have a switch unless you're a relative or something of someone who owns one, and then what are the chances of going to someone else with a switch, just seems daft to me

Tbh I'm seeing it more as a console that you might take out once in a blue moon (and maybe that's a bit unfair as I don't think it's meant to compete with Sony and MS as a console that sits under your TV) but, to me, in comparison to the price of a PS4/XBOX now, it seems a lot. I'm sure if you're all about what it does and love Nintendo games that much then it's a worthwhile purchase and a fair price. Just not for me.
To be fair I reckon the xbox and ps4 would be cheaper to make being they are just PC's in reality. Customer joy-con and all the setup with the switch I reckon will cost more to make.

To be fair I reckon the xbox and ps4 would be cheaper to make being they are just PC's in reality. Customer joy-con and all the setup with the switch I reckon will cost more to make.

Sony were making a loss on each PS4 sold and Microsoft weren't far behind, think it was about $30 or something - both making the profit on the games instead. Not sure how Nintendo are going about it. Knowing them, probably an enormous profit on both :neutral:

Sony were making a loss on each PS4 sold and Microsoft weren't far behind, think it was about $30 or something - both making the profit on the games instead. Not sure how Nintendo are going about it. Knowing them, probably an enormous profit on both :neutral:
Nintendo are a gaming company, Sony and Microsoft aren't solely dependent on their gaming department. Think Nintendo tend to make profit on hardware (except Wiiu)..

Nintendo are a gaming company, Sony and Microsoft aren't solely dependent on their gaming department. Think Nintendo tend to make profit on hardware (except Wiiu)..

I was just objecting to the claim they were cheaper to make. Would be interesting to see the cost for the production of a single Switch and see if Nintendo are actually making profit on it or are aiming for the same thing i.e. making up the ground with game sales.

Did you manage to get one? Asda Peterlee had 3 Neon and 4 grey in earlier, so the others might also have stock. They also had the Pro controller.

Thanks

I ordered it online and got it on Tuesday. Enjoying it so far. Looking forward to seeing how it develops over time. I'd love it if they made remastered versions of some old classics. I've not had a Nintendo since the early N64 so I'm sure there is loads I've missed out on

Thanks

I ordered it online and got it on Tuesday. Enjoying it so far. Looking forward to seeing how it develops over time. I'd love it if they made remastered versions of some old classics. I've not had a Nintendo since the early N64 so I'm sure there is loads I've missed out on
Doesn't the virtual console have all the oldies on. It's not on switch yet like.

Back