nintendo Switch

It's a very very well made and designed console. Feels lovely. The pro controller is excellent, even the Joycons are a lot nicer than I expected.

The graphics are obviously a massive step down from Horizon for example, but Zelda is so so good. Just little details that you don't get in other developers games.

Overall, a decent start :cool:
Worst review ever.

I don't get the hype tbh. Seems vastly overpriced for a start.

Saying that, people who have it seem to love it. IGN weren't all that impressed though.

Last edited:
Bit weird to compare the price to an iPad like. Just doesn't look worth the money for me, especially in comparison to the two existing consoles. Would have preferred it if Nintendo just made a console again tbh without the gimmicks.

Bit weird to compare the price to an iPad like. Just doesn't look worth the money for me, especially in comparison to the two existing consoles. Would have preferred it if Nintendo just made a console again tbh without the gimmicks.
It's not cheap for local co-op if you want that kind of thing and additional, better suited controllers of which there are a few. It is a weird comparison.

Not really. They are both tablets you can play games on.

On reflection I don't think the Switch is a good idea just yet. Although you have the novelty games on the Switch cartridge, they can soon get boring. As well as that the majority of games announced so far are probably too difficult for her, and the virtual console is not yet available.

If I were you, I would buy a Wii U. You can pick one up very cheaply, especially right now, secondhand games are available in most game shops and CEX etc. You also have access to a huge back catalogue on the virtual console. So for me, I would grab a Wii U.

cheers pal im tight as fuck when it comes to old kit tho so ill see what i can get one for

Can you explain how it's expensive then? For a brand new console? I paid £440 for an Xbox one on release. That didn't come with a screen.

Because the XBOX One came with a whole load of better specs. That obviously pushes the price up.

Tbh I'm seeing it more as a console that you might take out once in a blue moon (and maybe that's a bit unfair as I don't think it's meant to compete with Sony and MS as a console that sits under your TV) but, to me, in comparison to the price of a PS4/XBOX now, it seems a lot. I'm sure if you're all about what it does and love Nintendo games that much then it's a worthwhile purchase and a fair price. Just not for me.

Last edited:

Back