Nintendo switch help

My son has downloaded a game (ring fit) using the code provided and it is not letting all the family play because it says he is not the primary account holder. He downloaded it under his user account and not the primary one. There must be a way to tidy this up hopefully, even if I have to ring Nintendo UK. He’s very upset as it was a present from Santa!

Is there an easy fix I’m missing?!

My son has downloaded a game (ring fit) using the code provided and it is not letting all the family play because it says he is not the primary account holder. He downloaded it under his user account and not the primary one. There must be a way to tidy this up hopefully, even if I have to ring Nintendo UK. He’s very upset as it was a present from Santa!

Good luck getting Santa to come and sort it out for you. :lol:
You'll be getting his voicemail until next Christmas.

Can you not just log in under the primary one and get access to it? This seems to suggest that everyone should be able to use a game on the primary console even if it isn't installed under their account Nintendo Support: Can I Transfer a Digital Game to a Different Nintendo Account?

Mind I nearly threw a Switch off a wall today. The bairn wanted fifa 21 for Christmas. Installed it and he said Cavani wasn't at man united on the game. So I thought "no bother I'll just press to update squads". But no you need a Nintendo account for that. Set him one up, but then it said he couldn't get online with his account (presumably because he's 6). So next I found some way off giving him permission but then it started banging on about needing an EA account as well. They can piss off. I don't want him having loads of accounts, don't even want him going online. Despite that they should allow him to download updates to squads and things. Arseholes.

Can you not just log in under the primary one and get access to it? This seems to suggest that everyone should be able to use a game on the primary console even if it isn't installed under their account Nintendo Support: Can I Transfer a Digital Game to a Different Nintendo Account?

Mind I nearly threw a Switch off a wall today. The bairn wanted fifa 21 for Christmas. Installed it and he said Cavani wasn't at man united on the game. So I thought "no bother I'll just press to update squads". But no you need a Nintendo account for that. Set him one up, but then it said he couldn't get online with his account (presumably because he's 6). So next I found some way off giving him permission but then it started banging on about needing an EA account as well. They can piss off. I don't want him having loads of accounts, don't even want him going online. Despite that they should allow him to download updates to squads and things. Arseholes.
Can you not just manually transfer him in the squads.?
Back in the day I used to just do that after every transfer window.

When the bairn wakes up I will ask her if she knows what to do.

Am I right in thinking the account you’re referring to is an entirely separate Nintendo account, not just a user profile? If this is the case then you might be able to get around it depending on the access you need. If you set his Nintendo account as the primary one on the console it should let the rest of the family play that game, but then you’ll have the same problem with the other games that were downloaded on the primary Nintendo account.

I think the best way to fix this would be to ask Nintendo to remove the game on your son’s account, and ‘gift’ you the game on the primary account. Then only buy digital games on the primary account if you’re planning to share them.

Use Nintendo love chat. In my experience their customer support is fantastic when 8 had similar issues due to parent / child account permissions

Should be playing as Sunderland not Man United mate....

Last edited:
Always the wife... Glad you saved Xmas mate

I jammed one of the wrist straps on Christmas Day as well. So easy to slip on the wrong way when you’re a typical bloke and don’t bother with instructions! Had a massive panic that I’d duffed the joy con but managed to get it off with the aid of a flat head screwdriver!

Back