Nikon D3300 Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

APepper8

Midfield
I own a Nikon D3300, currently I only have the standard lens 15-50mm I believe. I'm currently travelling, but looking at getting a telephoto lens, as sometimes I want a closer look at things - I mostly photograph scenery, waterfalls, animals etc...

My budget is fairly limited, at a stretch a couple of hundred pounds due to travelling and lack of income! Obviously want something that doesn't weigh a tonne, as I'll be lugging it around in my backpack when not in use... Any suggestions? I know Nikon lenses can be quite expensive, has anyone got previous experience with other brands, which are compatible with the Nikon D3300? Any advice on lens choices would be much appreciated!

Also: I sometimes take photos of the Milky Way, anyone got any advice on fish eye lenses? There's a few cheap ones on eBay...

Sorry, all Canon here.

For scenery/waterfalls etc you can "zoom" with your feet. Animals of course might run off!

Fish-eyes often cost more than telephotos, but if anyone can help you with advice on astrophotography it will be @smoker

The obvious answer to the telephoto is Nikon's own 55-300 which will complement your 18-55. There's also a 55-200 if you can't stretch to the longer lens. Buy from a grey importer like Digitalrev to get it cheaper. Other makers' lenses may be good but I reckon you'll always get proportionally more for a Nikon one if you come to sell it at some point. However neither of these will be really suitable for action photography (not fast enough in terms of either aperture or autofocus speed), but for scenery and suchlike they will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back