Night Nature!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukas73

Striker
Walking the dog, heading home about 200 yards from my house...
Hear this weird hissing noise....which stops, then a bloody barn owl flies over from behind me about 10ft above my swede!!

Beautiful creature, looked ghost like in the street lights...flapping, but no noise...wish it would give a heads up though :lol: nearly shat!!

Walking the dog, heading home about 200 yards from my house...
Hear this weird hissing noise....which stops, then a bloody barn owl flies over from behind me about 10ft above my swede!!

Beautiful creature, looked ghost like in the street lights...flapping, but no noise...wish it would give a heads up though :lol: nearly shat!!
you or the owl? Makes a difference.

Few years back now I used to cycle to work about 3.30am every morning.
Pretty much every single time I'd see (presumably) the same hedgehog in roughly the same spot off trundling along minding his own business.
He'll be long gone by now no doubt.

There's an owl lives in the trees at the top of our street. I've never seen it, but I've often heard it whoooing away.

It's the bats that flit about that give me a fright, especially going through the woods in the dark as there are no streetlights in there.

My dad used to keep owls and hawks and the hissing on a night from his cree was mad, so much for the cute hooooooting

There's an owl lives in the trees at the top of our street. I've never seen it, but I've often heard it whoooing away.

It's the bats that flit about that give me a fright, especially going through the woods in the dark as there are no streetlights in there.

We have Barry the bat who flies round our garden....good lad is Barry, taking out the mozzies etc...

My dad used to keep owls and hawks and the hissing on a night from his cree was mad, so much for the cute hooooooting

I think Tawny's hoot and Barn hiss...weird hiss though, like nothing I've heard...even the dog looked at me like WTF?

There's a number of owls live in the woods at the back of my house. On some nights, you can hear them calling to each other, generally one nearby and another in the distance responding a few seconds later. They can chat for a good ten minutes!

There's a number of owls live in the woods at the back of my house. On some nights, you can hear them calling to each other, generally one nearby and another in the distance responding a few seconds later. They can chat for a good ten minutes!
Can't wait for Planet Earth 3

We have Barry the bat who flies round our garden....good lad is Barry, taking out the mozzies etc...

I think Tawny's hoot and Barn hiss...weird hiss though, like nothing I've heard...even the dog looked at me like WTF?

So what type of owl screeches like god-knows-what outside of my house most nights? It's not a nice sound. No 'twit twoo' here.

I often see foxes round our local park. I really enjoyed watching a cub going nuts chasing things around one night.

My dog often drags hedgehogs from the bushes. Poor things.

More council cut-backs I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back