Night in town

Row 3

Central Defender
Me and the wife are heading into town on Sunday night for the first time since lockdown. We're both early 50s so not looking for anything too lively but we're not half dead yet either. We would usually start with a couple in Greens then see where we went from there.

Is everywhere open now, and is it necessary to book tables etc? Will also want to eat so could do with some ideas there too. Obviously looking for places doing all the covid-safe things, turning out around 6pm.

Cheers.

Maybe on a saturday night you would reserve, but no need on a Sunday I wouldn't have thought. We were out on BH Sunday gone and were alright getting in even the busy places as a group of 6

Haven't been in many in town but as mentioned earlier the Isis have got the Covid stuff spot on imo. Think it'd be ideal going out as a couple...

When walking past Greens it's definitely open, not sure what it's like inside. Cooper is okay, all table service.

Went into Greens a few weeks ago, and it was one of the most stringent i've been in. Details taken at the door, shown to a table, table service, and hand sanitizer on every table.

Me and the wife are heading into town on Sunday night for the first time since lockdown. We're both early 50s so not looking for anything too lively but we're not half dead yet either. We would usually start with a couple in Greens then see where we went from there.

Is everywhere open now, and is it necessary to book tables etc? Will also want to eat so could do with some ideas there too. Obviously looking for places doing all the covid-safe things, turning out around 6pm.

Cheers.

No advice but enjoy it mate.

Cheers.
Towns very quiet on a Sunday, Greens was closing 7pm a couple of Sundays ago. Ivy, Chaplins, Cooper Rose Ok. Borough closes bout 10pm, Ttonic will be open but young’un normally queue up to get in as it’s one of pubs that’s open late. Nash and Railway club ( bingo bingo get ya Dabers out) are open, then Monti Raj for Indians. If u want it to be a bit livelier I would suggest u gan out a lot earlier for Greens, Victors, vesta Tillys.

Firestation is open now but I find that place canny soul less. But it’s a large space so if you’re looking for distance from people then could be an ok shout.
As mentioned earlier the Isis seems to have things sussed (seems safe but still busy).
Chaplains is open but not been in yet.
Ivy house was alright but most customers seemed to be sitting outside the last two times I went so it was eerily quiet inside.
Dun cow still shut.
It depends what you’re after really. Vesta Tilly’s is not my cup of tea at all but apparently they were taking temperatures etc at the door. Dunno if that was just opening week and they’ve relaxed things now ?

Back