Nigel Pearson and Kevin Phillips.

I wouldn’t be averse to this, tho I accept its pie in the sky.
Pearson would have probably kept Watford up and was harshly sacked imo.
Having SKP would ignite the fans albeit in a coach’s role.
So with these positives I can pretty much guarantee it won’t happen 😂

Dream team will do me all day long. Massive lift for the club. Got to get Jurassic Parkinson out ASAP tho. f***ing hate the bloke more than moyes.

Pearson wouldn’t work for the peanuts we would offer in wages, this is to say that we won’t be paying anyone Premier League wages (which is what he’d want) while we are still in this tinpot league.

The managers that Have succeeded here Keane, Reid Allardyce Etc all have one key thing in common Characters Pearson will not be phased By job, expectations etc he won’t accept any nonsense will push the players just what we need, Phillips with him would give place lift it needs.
They need some kind of a boot up the arse. Some of them were blowing for a tug ten mins into the second half.

Think unlikely and I think it's 50-50 whether it would go well anyway.

I mean Pearson is... marmite. And if it went badly it'd go very badly.

Still, he's definitely not small-time and wouldn't be phased by it, like many of the run-of-the-mill League One contenders. Probably in at this stage, absent anything better.

It's over a different owner whose allegedly wanting to buy us

Nowt to dee with sarotri etc
Rodwell has said the prospective owners have entered a period of exclusivity.
The club haven't confirmed or denied who that is.
It could be William Storey, the Dreyfus deal reported in L'Equipe/The Guardian, deal mentioned
by Nixon being brokered by Matty Pauls or another deal.
But if Rodwell was telling the truth about exclusivity being in place, Storey, L'Equipe/The Guardian and Nixon can't all be right.
Someone is lying.
Safe to say Storey probably is, but which of the others?

If the SD has been approached and agreed in principle to take the job then be prepared for years of Pearson type football effective but not pretty.
Would much prefer a more left field appointment as head coach (if the new SD is Scandinavian possible a Scandinavian coach but no idea who) to play a high tempo high pressing game with a quick front line and strong powerful centre midfielders and defenders.
It would probably mean writing this season off to allow the new man to recruit players in the summer but I feel doing this would stand us in good stead for Championship survival as opposed to going up with the current squad

It’s better than Parkinson so I certainly wouldn’t be upset - personally though I’d rather someone with a bit of a long term vision that can translate to a way of playing at all levels. At this juncture we have an opportunity to implement something like that. Pearson doesn’t strike me as that type to be honest

This.

Philips just been slating takeover off in papers supposedly. Saying no different if JS and SD are still here. But now papers suggesting he'd be coming under them

Yeah right.

Parkinson is still firmly in the driving seat
Rodwell has said the prospective owners have entered a period of exclusivity.
The club haven't confirmed or denied who that is.
It could be William Storey, the Dreyfus deal reported in L'Equipe/The Guardian, deal mentioned
by Nixon being brokered by Matty Pauls or another deal.
But if Rodwell was telling the truth about exclusivity being in place, Storey, L'Equipe/The Guardian and Nixon can't all be right.
Someone is lying.
Safe to say Storey probably is, but which of the others?
Probably Rodwell the mouthpiece of SD and CM playing the fans like fiddles

Last edited:

Back