Nigel Pearson and Kevin Phillips.

This is the rumour in the papers if and when the takeover happens. I'm sure it just a rumour rather than based on any discussions. For me, when you appoint a new manager you look at both the short term boost that the likes of Warnock offers as well as the long term vision to take us up through the divisions. Pearson comes across as aggressive and arrogant but would offer both a short term boost and potentially someone who could take us through the divisions. Parkinson quite clearly offers neither. Add in Kevin Phillips and it would be a good appointment. Any thoughts?
Would take these 2 in a heartbeat

I’m sort of working, house chores. I can’t focus on anything whilst Parkinson is fully employed. Hopefully that will change before next Friday. A new manager would still have the shit players to work with, but perhaps they might realise that there are other formations out there, we can play younger players, he might recognise when players are tiring and generally use the substitutions to manage a game out, or go for the kill beforehand. Enjoy work
Had one of our best meet ups in the pub yesterday to watch it , 8 of us.
f***ing kick int nuts when they equalised .
We booked an extra table for Friday night as hopefully even more of us turning out.
I know, I know we are idiots but we can't get enough of the pain.
There are 6 glamour models due in for a photo shoot on Friday, can't wait 😃
Oh do fuck off.
That's exactly what most of our fans did 😅

Why do people think Phillips would be good? He’s done absolutely nothing to suggest he’d be anything other than a disaster.

Seems that it’s based solely on the fact that he’s a professional opinion giver and he scored a few goals for us 20 years ago.

No thanks

Why do people think Phillips would be good? He’s done absolutely nothing to suggest he’d be anything other than a disaster.

Seems that it’s based solely on the fact that he’s a professional opinion giver and he scored a few goals for us 20 years ago.

No thanks

Well done.

I've seen some ridiculous posts on here in my years on here, but thats right up there with them.

It’s a massive yes from me. Pearson is exactly the kind of character required and SKP brings that bit nostalgia and huge buzz.
Nostalgia?

Remember when we mocked the mags for bringing in Keegan after he’d been England manager and having about 7-8 years in the top flight and finished second in the PL.

Now we’re praying we get Super Kev, who’s achieved precisely nothing.

Have a word with yourself chief
Well done.

I've seen some ridiculous posts on here in my years on here, but thats right up there with them.
Woukd it change his ability to manage and coach if I’d written “lots of goals”?
Oh do fuck off.
He’s right though isn’t he vinny lad?

Last edited:
Nostalgia?

Remember when we mocked the mags for bringing in Keegan after he’d been England manager and having about 7-8 years in the top flight and finished second in the PL.

Now we’re praying we get Super Kev, who’s achieved precisely nothing.

Have a word with yourself chief

Woukd it change his ability to manage and coach if I’d written lots of goals?

I never said anything about his coaching ability if you noticed, but to gloss over his achievements at this club as 'he scored a few goals for us 20 years ago' is lacking in respect for what he done.

Pathetic way to try and prove a point imo.

I never said anything about his coaching ability if you noticed, but to gloss over his achievements at this club as 'he scored a few goals for us 20 years ago' is lacking in respect for what he done.

Pathetic way to try and prove a point imo.
You’ve lost me mate. It’s a turn of phrase.

Like if you said “he could play a bit” about a great player generally means he’s very good, not a little bit good.

You’re being a bit sensitive Davy boy. What point am I trying to prove?

I'd much rather give Phillips a chance in some capacity than the likes of Grayson, Coleman, Ross & now this dull twat we've got in charge.

Don't understand what people have got giving him a chance, he may well fail but so have so many before him.

I know one thing, the SoL would be rocking with us back in and him on the touchline, it would at least give the place a much needed lift!

You’ve lost me mate. It’s a turn of phrase.

Like if you said “he could play a bit” about a great player generally means he’s very good, not a little bit good.

You’re being a bit sensitive Davy boy. What point am I trying to prove?

I've got doubts the same as you about his coaching abilities, but to gloss over his achievements here as 'he scored a few goals for us 20 years ago' was wrong imo.

I doubt many SAFC fans alive now will see a better Centre forward for us.

We'll just leave it as that.
I'd much rather give Phillips a chance in some capacity than the likes of Grayson, Coleman, Ross & now this dull twat we've got in charge.

Don't understand what people have got giving him a chance, he may well fail but so have so many before him.

I know one thing, the SoL would be rocking with us back in and him on the touchline, it would at least give the place a much needed lift!

I'd doubt that to be honest, especially just as a coach.

Last edited:

“He’ll fail, but so what”. Unreal!

I’ve got a problem with it. The owners read these pages, and think that our ambition is to get a no mark in as manager. No wonder they don’t care.

As bad as Newcastle got, the demanded more and had Rafa in as boss in the championship. They weren’t there begging for Alan Shearer. Phillips is no more qualified for the job than Julio Arca

It’s weird

Last edited:
I've got doubts the same as you about his coaching abilities, but to gloss over his achievements here as 'he scored a few goals for us 20 years ago' was wrong imo.

I doubt many SAFC fans alive now will see a better Centre forward for us.

We'll just leave it as that.

I'd doubt that to be honest, especially just as a coach.

Doubt what? The place would be rocking? He's been in the box twice last season behind where I'm stood in the SWC and got the place going

Was stood talking to my 12 year old lad form the box and got his photo with taking with him... the boy was buzzing.

Also, can't remember what game it was last year (FA Cup / or might have been Bristol Rovers in the EFL trophy) he was doing the commentary on Sky and the away end sang his name for all the 2nd half.

He's held in the highest regard by the supporters and rightly so what he achieved playing for us.

Doubt what? The place would be rocking? He's been in the box twice last season behind where I'm stood in the SWC and got the place going

Was stood talking to my 12 year old lad form the box and got his photo with taking with him... the boy was buzzing.

Also, can't remember what game it was last year (FA Cup / or might have been Bristol Rovers in the EFL trophy) he was doing the commentary on Sky and the away end sang his name for all the 2nd half.

He's held in the highest regard by the supporters and rightly so what he achieved playing for us.
You know who else could get the SoL rocking? Stone Cold Steve Austin.

He’s about as qualified as Phillips too.

Fuck’s sake

I’ve got a problem with it. The owners read these pages, and think that our ambition is to get a no mark in as manager. No wonder they don’t care.

As bad as Newcastle got, the demanded more and had Rafa in as boss in the championship. They weren’t there begging for Alan Shearer. Phillips is no more qualified for the job than Julio Arca

It’s weird

Has Julio coached in the PL? Weird bringing Shearer and the mags in to the discussion.

Why not draw comparisons to Lee Bowyer or Joey Barton both who are doing respectively well at their clubs at this level?

No guarantee Phillips would do the job, but I'm of the opinion give him the chance as he can't do any worse the than Ross or Parkinson
You know who else could get the SoL rocking? Stone Cold Steve Austin.

He’s about as qualified as Phillips too.

Fuck’s sake

Giving the supporters a lift would go along way to getting some much needed momentum. You seem pretty angry at the thought of giving someone like Phillips a shot.

Who out of interest would be your choice?

Last edited:

Back