Nier Automata

Looks good from the reviews. How does it play?

I could see myself buying this.

Do you need to have played any of the previous games or have knowledge of the Drakengard stuff?

Looks good from the reviews. How does it play?

I could see myself buying this.

Do you need to have played any of the previous games or have knowledge of the Drakengard stuff?
I've wiki'd my own answer: "While carrying over the Drakengard series' tradition of a dark atmosphere and branching storylines, no direct narrative connection is shared between Nier: Automata and the rest of the series"

Last edited:
Played it last night, it's very f***ing MEH so far. Really nothing to it from what I've played so far. Go left or right along a pre determined path you cannot veer from (bar finding the odd secret) until you open up into a bigger area where you have a bit of a fight. Rince and repeat.

Mind, only done the intro bit. Hoping it gets WAY better?

Played it last night, it's very f***ing MEH so far. Really nothing to it from what I've played so far. Go left or right along a pre determined path you cannot veer from (bar finding the odd secret) until you open up into a bigger area where you have a bit of a fight. Rince and repeat.

Mind, only done the intro bit. Hoping it gets WAY better?
The story makes Nier, mate. The first one was utterly sub-standard but the tale it wove made it better than the sum of its parts (and the bullet hell parts but I think that might just have been me). If you're not enjoying it now just quit, I'd say.

(That said, Platinum games are behind this one so the combat should at the very least be tight as fuck)

You may have some replay time to go, I was reading the review and there's aparantly 26 endings
Aye there is, A through to Z, I done em all and got the platinum trophy :) , Only endings A B and C are true endings though the rest are joke/easter egg ones .
Really cleve how they did the three main ones, as the game is completely different on each of the three playthroughs.

Last edited:
Aye there is, A through to Z, I done em all and got the platinum trophy :) , Only endings A B and C are true endings though the rest are joke/easter egg ones .
Really cleve how they did the three main ones, as the game is completely different on each of the three playthroughs.
Is it like the first one where you start the game halfway for the follow up endings?

I'm enjoying it. The story is interesting despite the script writers using crappy internet parlance and having the generic 'don't know, don't care' type protagonist (thus far).

Back