Nicknames given to mates when deviating from the norm.

Prompted by a post by @Harry Angstrom, what names do you call your mates when they do anything different from the norm?

I realise some of these might age me.:lol:

Spending a bit more money than usual (buying an extra round etc) - Rockefeller
Couple of holidays planned - Cliff Michelmore or Judith Chalmers
Does a job vaguely involving computers - Bill Gates
Gives an intelligent reply to a question - Einstein
Runs for a bus - Linford Christie
Dances at a wedding - John Travolta
Gets a new haircut - Vidal Sassoon (Vidal Baboon)
Drives fast - Sterling Moss
Deeper voice than usual (usually due to hangover) - Barry White

New clothes or shoes could get any amount of insults depending on what they are.
Obviously these are standards that have stood the test of time but the off the cuff ones that work better.

Lad I know does that walk you occasionally see where he bounces on each step and lifts his heel immediately back up as he puts his foot down. I call him Riverdance.

Mate of mine knew this young lad called James. I forget the exact story but he either had some fingers missing or they were bent over and he needed an operation to straighten them. Anyway, he played to the fact that he could make his hand into a gun shape and “shoot” people. He got called Jimmy Bang Bang.

Lad I know does that walk you occasionally see where he bounces on each step and lifts his heel immediately back up as he puts his foot down. I call him Riverdance.

Mate of mine knew this young lad called James. I forget the exact story but he either had some fingers missing or they were bent over and he needed an operation to straighten them. Anyway, he played to the fact that he could make his hand into a gun shape and “shoot” people. He got called Jimmy Bang Bang.
A mate who looks like Frank Skinner but is thinner - Frank Skinnier
I was looking for more generic ones that would fit anyone in the group. Think there's already a couple of very good specific nickname threads knocking about.

Remember him from the boysie. Thumb and index finger on one hand I think.

(Thinks that) he is a hit with the women: Robert Redford

Decent footy player: Pele (or his son)

Is the longest in the shower: Ron Jeremy or Lexington Steele

Good at chess and crosswords, shit with social skills: Mr Spock

Strong Geordie accent and with a relaxed outlook on life’s responsibilities and rules: Jimmy Nail

Good in goal: Billy the Fish

An annoying bell end famous for karaoke dressed up as a soldier, fishing from boats in hot places and trying to ruin Northumberland by encouraging southerners up there for their holidays: Robson Green

Prompted by a post by @Harry Angstrom, what names do you call your mates when they do anything different from the norm?

New clothes or shoes could get any amount of insults depending on what they are.
Obviously these are standards that have stood the test of time but the off the cuff ones that work better.

Mr. Rons.

It’s interesting what variations people do have based on their age. For example for the fast driver I say Mario Andretti.

Knacker Dan used to be a favourite with the blokes I worked with - generic name for someone who'd done something stupid. It covered a lot of people, but mostly for the technician.
:lol:

Nobby for a fella who was an IT Technician and I could never remember his name, it caught on and everyone started calling him that.

Back