Nick Cave - Bad Seeds

My favourite is Abbatoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus

Others would recommend Murder Ballads and the Boatmans Call (amongst others)

Skeleton Tree is his latest and it’s absolutely magnificent, but probably not the easiest intro

TBH, you could probably pick anything from Tender Prey onward and go with that. As an intro, the recent Lovely Creatures compilation is also worth a go. Either the 2 disc 21 track version or 3 disc 45 tracks thing.

TBH, you could probably pick anything from Tender Prey onward and go with that. As an intro, the recent Lovely Creatures compilation is also worth a go. Either the 2 disc 21 track version or 3 disc 45 tracks thing.

Everything before Tender Prey is his best stuff man. Turned into a crooner after that :D

'Push the Sky Away' is probably my favourite album of theirs, but he has so many class songs and as said before is unbelievable live.

Surprised this song hasn't been on Peaky Blinders to be honest.

Avoid 'Nocturama' album initially but with the rest you can't go wrong. Saying that there is still a few good songs on Nocturama, although general consensus seems to be its his least popular. I'd agree 'Abattoir Blues' / 'The Lyre of Orpheus' is a great place to start.

Last edited:

Back