Nick Cave back at the Sage

Where in sage 1 do you look at backs of heads ? Sage 2 you do

Where did I say anything about the back of his head?!? As it happens, the pic I saw from the Aussie tour had people sat at tables on the stage, and rows of seats at the back of it. Would give a nice intimate feel, I guess, and he's sitting side on at the piano anyway.

Collaboration?!?

I just tried bridgewater hall in manchester to be told i'm 1198 in the queue and they'll email me in an hours time to tell me when i'm near the front of the queue

Where did I say anything about the back of his head?!? As it happens, the pic I saw from the Aussie tour had people sat at tables on the stage, and rows of seats at the back of it. Would give a nice intimate feel, I guess, and he's sitting side on at the piano anyway.

Collaboration?!?
Sorry top/back of head ,doesn't really matter .He's head will have been a long way off at the festival gig you mentioned
On about Shaggy and sting collaboration .Ronnie Scott job sounds fab but doesn't sound like we'll ever get one of those up here with mr C

My mates got 2 x £65
he seems pleased

Last edited:
Ronnie Scott job sounds fab but doesn't sound like we'll ever get one of those up here with mr C

I would think it will be a similar setup to this. Can't see why not, there's plenty of room on that stage.

Logon or register to see this image

My mates got 2 x £65
he seems pleased

Where are his seats?

Sorry top/back of head ,doesn't really matter .He's head will have been a long way off at the festival gig you mentioned

We worked our way through the crowd after Patti Smith so we were definitely within a Sage's length of the stage. Plus, they had the big screens up anyway!

Last edited:
I would think it will be a similar setup to this. Can't see why not, there's plenty of room on that stage.

Logon or register to see this image

Where are his seats?

We worked our way through the crowd after Patti Smith so we were definitely within a Sage's length of the stage. Plus, they had the big screens up anyway!
No idea,just messaged to ask if he managed

They look bored

No idea,just messaged to ask if he managed

They look bored

They do, don't they!?! Can't get any idea of the layout for the show from the Sage site as it obviously sold out very quickly so the link's dead.

I love the bloke but a whole set solo would be a bit much anyway, I think, without all the light and shade and the interaction with Wazza! I miss Grinderman, tbh.

They do, don't they!?! Can't get any idea of the layout for the show from the Sage site as it obviously sold out very quickly so the link's dead.

I love the bloke but a whole set solo would be a bit much anyway, I think, without all the light and shade and the interaction with Wazza! I miss Grinderman, tbh.
Can't imagine they'll put anyone on the stage with him .I was in the side seats recently and the front ones are feet away with great views .I haven't loads of stuff but i'd love to see him in the right setting .That's the quandary once these smokey bar type artists become massive .
Saw Badly drawn boy in Sage 2 playing songs and chatting a lot about his childhood and visits up here and it was just perfect .The setting makes it sometimes

It was excellent. Great piano versions of Stagger Lee and The Mercy Seat. Brilliant take on Leonard Cohens Avalanche and some great questions, some funny, some sad from a very open audience and some great replies too. I really enjoyed it.
The setlist was great. It was all good but I particulary enjoyed hearing Shoot Me Down. There was at least one question made me cringe though!

Back