Nick Barnes on totalsport

The trouble is the last time they did that they got all sorts of grief from other fans saying they weren’t speaking on behalf of me etc etc.
Dammed if they act, dammed if they don’t.

Quite true. I've brought up the possibility of protests/ putting additional pressure on Donald with RAWA. There's nothing planned at this stage, but if enough fans felt strongly enough that it was needed, they'd put it to their members to vote on. They wouldn't do anything without getting a vote on it this time, because as you say there was a lot of criticism last time. The best bet is to contact them if you feel a protest/ additional pressure is needed, either through their website or you could contact Ghandi Floss on here who is the SMB coopted rep. The difficulty is knowing what the will of the supporters is, there's always the question of whether it's a vocal minority, but the more people saying they think the statement needs to be followed up on, the more likely they'll feel they should be putting it to the members

This. There's obviously 3 options for Donald. The one he wants is to sell now for his ridiculous asking price, which simply won't happen. His worst option is to sell now for what it's worth, because he'll make a huge loss. I imagine he'll be very tempted by a deal that gets him some money now to limit his losses, but which keeps him a decent share so that he can get a higher return if the next person manages to help get us up. Not ideal for him but a decent middle of the road option. I don't doubt for a minute that he'd rather take that option with the wrong person than accept the loss by selling in full now to the right person
I agree with the sentiment in this post, but you can only make a huge loss, if you have put a huge amount of money into buying a company, Donald never put a huge amount in, so therefore can’t have a huge loss 👍

Hell's bells!

This sounds like someone we shouldn't touch with a very long, thoroughly disinfected bargepole ...

Aye, I mean, I'm not sure if anyone is in a position to be able to fact check it, but it is very damning. If its anything like accurate I'd much rather have Donald. Some are saying we don't know who his backers are and maybe he's just the face of a consortium etc, regardless if the article is even near true we can't let this bloke near our club, he sounds like an absolute disaster and it could literally be the end of safc. The fact (and it is apparently a fact) that Donald is even considering selling to him is a major concern.

I agree with the sentiment in this post, but you can only make a huge loss, if you have put a huge amount of money into buying a company, Donald never put a huge amount in, so therefore can’t have a huge loss 👍
Nope, if you are funding ongoing losses over and above your initial investment, your losses mount.

I'm sure I've seen GOM suggest they have, one way or another, spent over £25m. For a start they're meant to have paid £12m to Ellis (over and above the parachute money), I presume that is largely paid now. Then there's the FPP loan. Madrox will eventually have to pay that back, so it's fair to add that to the £12m. That's £21m straight away and I'm sure they've meant to have put other bits in. If the value is now around £12m or less then it would end up a loss for him. GOM will know more about how much he's likely to be in the hole for, but imo he is facing a loss

I'm sure I've seen GOM suggest they have, one way or another, spent over £25m. For a start they're meant to have paid £12m to Ellis (over and above the parachute money), I presume that is largely paid now. Then there's the FPP loan. Madrox will eventually have to pay that back, so it's fair to add that to the £12m. That's £21m straight away and I'm sure they've meant to have put other bits in. If the value is now around £12m or less then it would end up a loss for him. GOM will know more about how much he's likely to be in the hole for, but imo he is facing a loss
Let’s think who gives GOM his financial information on what has or hasn’t been spent at Safc or Madrox as he likes to say, last time I spoke to him he was refusing to believe that owner’s weren’t paying back £20.5m until he seen it with his own eyes in this year’s accounts, well it’s funny but I haven’t heard that the newspaper who made the accusation getting sued have you 👍

Let’s think who gives GOM his financial information on what has or hasn’t been spent at Safc or Madrox as he likes to say, last time I spoke to him he was refusing to believe that owner’s weren’t paying back £20.5m until he seen it with his own eyes in this year’s accounts, well it’s funny but I haven’t heard that the newspaper who made the accusation getting sued have you 👍

I know he's seen as fairly in favour of the owners, but things like Short needing to be paid, the FPP loan being due to be repaid by Madrox not safc, and extra money being paid in by them will presumably all be verifiable. They'll be facts, not interpretations

Back