Niall Quinn Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoy the retirement big man. Thanks for the memories and 100% effort

(with apologies my local freebie, the Darlington, Aycliffe and Sedgefield Advertiser)
…………...by Peter Barron, editor of the Northern Echo

There is no more popular figure in modern football than Naill Quinn.
During his twenty years in senior football he has represented his country, his clubs and his profession with the utmost dignity.

Too often today’s professional footballer is typecast as a money-grabbing sportsman, out of touch with the supporters.

Naill Quinn has done his utmost to disprove that perception.

Seldom can there have been a more articulate footballer, able and willing to talk with wit, wisdom and insight about the game and its future.

He is the first to admit that huge amount of money has come his way as a footballer. But he never forgotten how blessed and lucky he has been to be in the sport for such a long time when the rewards have been so great.

It was that humility and compassion that drove him to donate every penny of the £1m raised in a testimonial game to children’s charities.

While his retirement will rob the game of a fine player, we hope it does not mark the end of his association with football.

Football can ill afford to discard the qualities of one of its finest ambassadors.

….what more can you say………….

I think the finest, most articulate gentlemen ever to play the game. A credit to the sport and a player that SAFC will miss terribly, phillips would not have become the player he is without quinny and some of the beauties niall has scored will never be forgotten

turbo bratwurst said:
I think the finest, most articulate gentlemen ever to play the game. A credit to the sport and a player that SAFC will miss terribly, phillips would not have become the player he is without quinny and some of the beauties niall has scored will never be forgotten

Hehehe what a messiah... the gent will be missed .. the player will forever be laffed at. He was a real gem off the pitch ... good luck with Peytar in Ireland

Fantastic said:
[Hehehe what a messiah... the gent will be missed .. the player will forever be laffed at. He was a real gem off the pitch ... good luck with Peytar in Ireland
can this be deleted form the tribute board.... actually no!. Fantastic (aka Maggie 'fan'?) might 'alff' at Quinny now, but lets think .... who caused so many problems for their defence over the last couple of years...... errrm QUINNY, that's who.

He is thoroughly nice bloke and a consummate professional -and a pretty good striker to boot. :)

Maggie fans often say what a complainer he is - well wouldn't you complain if fellow 'professionals' knacker your back (deliberately) and climb all over you? :twisted: :evil:

Maggie fans complain that he 'backs in' and 'falls over' to gain free kicks. There is some truth in this...... as with 95% of current players - shame but there you go. :|

What sticks in my throat tho' is that they (the Maggie fans) refuse to belive the stats that Quinny is/was the most fouled player in the Premiership...... oh, and while we're on about how great Quinny is..... the complaints about Quinny, don't they apply to the 'great' She'ra - but in spades! I think so....... at least Quinny doesn't kick players in the face (Lennon) and try to hold his country to ransom ... 'blubber, I'll quit if you ban me' blubber... :evil: :evil:

Quinny Vs She'ra -no contest. Quinny is the best!!!! 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back