Niall Quinn Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the nicest blokes i can ever remember playing for our, or indeed any club! i hope he stays on in footy, and 'May nothing but happiness come to your door' Mr Quinn. Adios amigo :cry:

although goals against the mags and heroics against Bradford in goal will be most people's abiding memories, my favourite Niall moment would be his goal against Port Vale, where he chipped the keeper. Showed he was absolutely mint on the deck. Good luck Niall and thanks for the memories!!

Thank for everything Niall.
Some of the best Sunderland teams I have had the pleasure to watch have had you up front, and you will never be forgotten.
Best of luck with whatever you choose to do in the future.

ive just read through all these niall posts and can only add thanks for everything, and "dont be a stranger". :wink:

Think I'll pop down the offie and buy a few cans of the black stuff.

To Niall. A gentleman with a big heart, a modern-day legend and a canny footballer to boot. Thanks for everything and enjoy retirement - you've earned it!

legend!!! - i remember the first time i ever went to roker park, sunderland vs man city 1990, and quinny scored against us!!!

It is hard to imagine a Sunderland AFC without Niall Quinn. We will be telling the biarns about him in decades to come.

Bloody pleased he was one of ours.

I suppose I can say Quinny is up there with the legends of SAFC, and I dont feel Im over reacting, that Im feeling a bit too emotional or that it is a view biased to myself. He was a tremendous footballer and an even greater gentleman.

You will never be forgotten on Wearside.

Thanks for everything!

Thanks for the goals
Thanks for the legacy
Thanks for the memories

You have done so much for Sunderland and not just the club.

Do not underestimate the effect that you have had on our lives.

Enjoy whatever you chose to do because if there is one bloke who deserves sucess it is you.

Thank you

The impact you have had on SAFC and Sunderland supporters everywhere is like you IMMENSE! You are undoubtedly a Sunderland legend.

With heartfelt thanks for all the fantastic memories you've left us with.

In the days of cash value added, of EBIT of everything being measured in monetary values we at SAFC have had the best return on investment ever. Not measured in goals per game,or the other index measures, or assists but in just pure class. To say the right thing at the right time. Or say nowt. Just play.

The day Niall walked into our club was a landmark for us all. He epitomises the spirit of us as supporters , he knows exactly what we want in our club.

We often say that SAFC is our club. Not the investors, the directors or the players but the supporters. We have directors, investors and players who are also supporters and who have the best interests of the club and community at heart. Niall is at the top of that list.

May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live.

Quite simply the most beloved player to pull on the red n white in my memory of watching the lads.

Thank you for showing us loyaty, devotion and some bloody fantastic goals and may your retirement be a happy one.

A legend and a gentleman.

i hope he uses his immense diplomatic talents to improve the game.
it would be a crying shame for football to lose him completely.

thanks for the memories Niall, you'l always be remembered for your amazing contribution to a glory period for Sunderland

Niall...a true legend.

Can we organise for him to come on the pitch at half time in every match.

It certainly stopped so many going for their pies!!

And two goals in the second half.

Good Luck, get a tipping line up and running for SAFC season ticket holders.

words cannot say how much respect i have this bloke he is a true legend at the sol and i hope he doesnt stay out of football too long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back