Niall Quinn Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difficult to know what to say about such a top bloke.
I remember seeing him at Man City after he'd helped relegate us and he seemed genuinely upset that he'd played a part in our demise. Well all I can say is by christ he's more than made up for it!
I've never felt so sad about losing a player and I'm sure he'll be missed terribly by all.
For me his best moments were, obviously, his heroics in goal, his Skunk destroying and perhaps best of all the double against Spurs when, quite frankly, he was unbelievably brilliant. The look on Sol Cambells face when he realised Quinny had made a fool of him again! Priceless!

I guess we have all enjoyed his fantastic contribution to SAFC on the field and we'll never forget him for that. He has played a huge part in what, for most of us, have been the best times as a supporter. But we should also pay tribute to a bloke who knows how lucky he's been to have had his career and what it has given him....and for giving so much of it back. Everyone in football should be grateful for his example.

Top man Niall, and all the best for the future

Richard Keys on SKY yesterday summed him up by saying "if there is a nicer man in football I have yet to meet him".

Happy retirement big man,thanks for everything

The nicest man in football and the best targetman in the premiership. Good Luck and thanks for everything.

Top Player & Top Man.

The partnership with Phillips has got to be one of the best ever - not only at SAFC but in football and Niall's contribution to the Club in the last few years has been terrific.

Heart of gold and the courage of a lion .......

If ever someone deserved the freedom of the city Niall is that man - Legend. :D

Sad to see him go :cry:

Thanks Niall and good luck. It's a shame he'll probably not stay in football, but he's just too nice for the game!

had a tear in my eye yesterday when I heard the news, we all mentioned it in the past couple of weeks, but it really is sad when we hear it from the horse's mouth.

Thanks to Niall, for all he ever did for Sunderland AFC. Look forward to seeing him back at SOL in the future.

A legend, hero and gentleman.

FTM

I'll take his winning header against Newcastle as my fondest memory. But the No of times he scored goals,which if they'd been scored by a manure or Arse player would be shown time after time after time, was phenominal! If we manage to see another partnership as good as Quinny and SKP we'll be very privaledged. A true football legend and a gentleman(and that's unfortunately quite rare in football!)

Niall Quinn

A gentleman! A legend! A hero!

Thanks for the great memories, the flicks, the headers, the cultured chips, the goals.

You are a big man in every sense.

Good Luck.

Niall Quinn - You are an example for all prof. sportspeople and I hope that the sun shines on your garden for many years to come :D

Niall Quinn playing for my team made me proud to be a Sunderland fan.

I wish him all the best in whatever he does next.

I actually had tears in my eyes yesterday when you announced your retirement and I haven't cried at football since I cried laughing at Newcastle and the lost 12 point lead.
A great big thanks Big Fella to a true and genuine legend.

What more can I say that has not been said. Its hard to write in a few words what comes into to my head when I think Of quinn. He is a true great and pne of the nicest men you will ever meet. He always has time for the people of Sunderland and was a man that did not seen to care about the money he just wanted to be a part of football.

Niall we miss you allready

Quite simply the most influential player we've had at this club in the 30 odd years I've being watching the lads.

Under his guidance, Kevin Phillips was transformed from journeyman to international, Sunderland from First Division nobodies to Premiership force. Long will I remember his humiliation of Desailly, the look of sheer joy on his face when he put us 2-1 up at Bury, that first goal at the SoL - man, he's given us so many memories.

My lad idolises him. I cannot think of a better person to look up to.

All the best Niall. You will always be a God to us. And hey, instead of Premiership Concourse of Metro FTM Stand, how about the Niall Quinn Stand, or Enclosure, or more fittingly, the Niall Quinn Bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back