NHS Volunteers

Surely in a middle of a pandemic , when no one knows the actual extent of the outbreak , you have to be proactive . Do you think they should have waited until they were overwhelmed before beginning construction?

No. They should have worked out the model of care that they needed for patients BEFORE they commissioned the nightingales. A really basic and stupid error

They ended up pouring resources into nightingales which had no patients, but starved care homes of resources which had loads of patients. A massive disaster

No. They should have worked out the model of care that they needed for patients BEFORE they commissioned the nightingales. A really basic and stupid error

They ended up pouring resources into nightingales which had no patients, but starved care homes of resources which had loads of patients. A massive disaster
I get all that and I’m fully aware that you are speaking from a infinitely more informative base than me , but you now have the benefit of hindsight. If the hospitals were overwhelmed I imagine you would have come on here and slated the Government for not building the Nightingales.

I get all that and I’m fully aware that you are speaking from a infinitely more informative base than me , but you now have the benefit of hindsight. If the hospitals were overwhelmed I imagine you would have come on here and slated the Government for not building the Nightingales.

Its not hindsight. I was sceptical about the nightingales right from the start, and I said so on here a number of times which went down very badly

Any decision about allocating healthcare resources is a trade off. Resources are always finite in a given situation, and if you allocate Drs and Nurses where they are not needed you take them away from where they are.

Back