NHS staff to be vaccinated in early December

That article doesn’t say the vaccine will be rolled out in December, just that the government are preparing for it if it is ready and the clinical trials are completed by then.
Flu jab wise and more generally I’d agree. Not sure about being a guinea pig for a rushed vaccine given our governments track record this pandemic mind. Don’t think that should be forced on people just yet
The guinea pigs are the people on the clinical trials taking place atm. Any vaccine won’t be rolled out until the results of those are satisfactory

Last edited:

That article doesn’t say the vaccine will be rolled out in December, just that the government are preparing for it if it is ready and the clinical trials are completed by then.

The guinea pigs are the people on the clinical trials taking place atm. Any vaccine won’t be rolled out until the results of those are satisfactory

If they are rolling it out in December, then it won’t be fully trialled. Just isn’t the time to do so. So corners will be cut, making the first to receive it defacto guinea pigs

If they are rolling it out in December, then it won’t be fully trialled. Just isn’t the time to do so. So corners will be cut, making the first to receive it defacto guinea pigs
As I said in my post, the article doesn’t say it will be ready in December, just that NH S are mobilising in case it is. We’d look like Charlie’s if it was approved and we weren’t ready to vaccinate the people in the NHS who need it first

As I said in my post, the article doesn’t say it will be ready in December, just that NH S are mobilising in case it is. We’d look like Charlie’s if it was approved and we weren’t ready to vaccinate the people in the NHS who need it first

I was responding to the lad I quoted not your post though. And his was around vaccinating the NHS workers first forcefully

I was responding to the lad I quoted not your post though. And his was around vaccinating the NHS workers first forcefully
Fair enough. @Frijj appears to know a lot about this but I think all medicines have to be approved as safe and efficient by MHRA before any use. There is no way anyone will be given it outside of a clinical trial until MHRA approve it

The NHS staff seem to get everything for free and now they're going to receive vaccines first.

What about the staff who work in care homes?

It's become a cult-like ritual, everyone tries to upstage each other on how much they donate/give to the NHS.

Fair enough. @Frijj appears to know a lot about this but I think all medicines have to be approved as safe and efficient by MHRA before any use. There is no way anyone will be given it outside of a clinical trial until MHRA approve it

I agree with that, of course, but approvals are also known to be flexed somewhat in times of need - and rightly so at times. Just don’t think since it won’t be as rigorously tested as other vaccines that it should be enforced upon people at this stage. I agree with the general premise that NHS front line staff should have immunisations mandated in their contracts, such as the flu jab and presumably the annual Covid jab we’ll be giving out in 10 years

The NHS staff seem to get everything for free and now they're going to receive vaccines first.

You realise why NHS staff are 1st in line don't you?

I'd imagine care home staff (and residents) will be next in line

It's become a cult-like ritual, everyone tries to upstage each other on how much they donate/give to the NHS.

Someone’s got to be first. Those dealing with sick people makes most sense. Sure care homes would be right at the top of the list as well.

It'll be frontline NHS staff and care workers first (or soon after).

Care homes have same access to Covid testing and antibody testing as NHS and will most likely be prioritised for vaccination too. What, under normal circumstances, do NHS staff get free?

The wife (no) said she doesn’t want it as some 2-3 month trial gives you no understanding of long term issues. She’s normally fine with injections etc. but doesn’t trust anything from the government at the minute

Wonder how many nhs staff have it with it being rushed through, would be typical of this crisis that it puts a load of people on the sick.

I expect it'll be optional, but I hope it'll be mandatory. It really should be part of any frontline health and social care workers contract. No flu vaccine, no job.
Should be mandatory
The wife (no) said she doesn’t want it as some 2-3 month trial gives you no understanding of long term issues. She’s normally fine with injections etc. but doesn’t trust anything from the government at the minute

Wonder how many nhs staff have it with it being rushed through, would be typical of this crisis that it puts a load of people on the sick.
Of course your wife knows more than the expert virologists.

Last edited:

Exactly this. It takes months for the NHS to get themselves organised to do anything. Look at the shitfest that is this year’s annual flu vaccination scheme for an example. If they can fuck that up after doing it for years then God only knows how shit the vaccine roll out will be.

f***ing hate Guinea pigs like. An ex lass had them and all they did was shit and piss everywhere and gash your skin open with their claws. f***ing noisy bastards anawl

Back