NHS staff to be vaccinated in early December

I expect it'll be optional, but I hope it'll be mandatory. It really should be part of any frontline health and social care workers contract. No flu vaccine, no job.

(I do know this is about COVID, I'm just referring generally to seasonal vaccinations for flu as well, before someone starts :lol:)

I expect it'll be optional, but I hope it'll be mandatory. It really should be part of any frontline health and social care workers contract. No flu vaccine, no job.
I think efficacy and safety evidence is lacking to make it mandatory at this stage. My wife is on immuno suppressants and I’d love this vaccination to be available but with no information about its use in people with IBD on immuno suppressants it’s quite the leap of faith rather than a fully informed decision.

I think efficacy and safety evidence is lacking to make it mandatory at this stage. My wife is on immuno suppressants and I’d love this vaccination to be available but with no information about its use in people with IBD on immuno suppressants it’s quite the leap of faith rather than a fully informed decision.

True. I suppose for the benefit of people who can’t be vaccinated, it’s important those of us who can, are. I’d take the vaccine today.

True. I suppose for the benefit of people who can’t be vaccinated, it’s important those of us who can, are. I’d take the vaccine today.
Good chance it’s safe for her, the flu jab is so I’m still optimistic but cautiously so. You’re absolutely right that a high take up will be needed to protect those that are vulnerable so hopefully that will happen.

I suspect it will be a requirement to have any patient contact. There is a requirement for Hep B in the NHS and a few years ago we had to prove measles immunity or get a MMR booster so there is a precedent for immunity requirements

Flu jab wise and more generally I’d agree. Not sure about being a guinea pig for a rushed vaccine given our governments track record this pandemic mind. Don’t think that should be forced on people just yet

Back